Night # 30 Be Careful What You Wish For

This next chilling tale is about a young man named Danny who receives the scare of his life.

Danny came home from work on a Friday night discouraged because for the last few weeks he had gone out on several blind dates and none of them had been worth going out with again. He thought to himself, "I wished I could find that perfect girl, the one who would steal my heart." Just as he finished the thought his phone began to ring. 

Danny: Hello.

Mysterious Caller: Hi, Danny. This is Katie and I can grant your wish.

Danny: How did you know my name and what I was thinking?

Katie: I know everything about you Danny and I am that perfect girl you have been looking for.

Suddenly the phone went silent and the call was ended. Danny stood there in shock as he tried to make sense of what had just happened. He knew that nothing about the call made sense so he decided to just assume it was a prank and watch some tv before going to bed. Later that night Danny went to his room to get ready for bed and as he did his phone received a text message. The text message read, "I will see you soon Danny." 

Danny could not ignore it this time and decided to call his local phone company. He tried to have the number traced but the lady came back on the phone and said, "I am sorry sir, but we do not show you receiving any calls or text messages at that time." When he got off the phone with the lady from his phone company he decided he needed some sleep. He laid down on his bed and got comfortable.As he shut his eyes he heard a familiar voice. "I told you I would see you soon." As the words registered in his mind, he felt cold hands wrap around his waist. When he felt them he jerked up in bed and there next to him was a woman that looked like she was dead. She held a knife and said, "I am here to steal your heart, Danny." As he began to scream she plunged the knife into him.

As he took his last breath Katie heard a voice in her head. "I wished I could find that perfect girl to steal my heart." She rushed from the bed knowing she had yet another wish to grant.