Night # 37 Long Dark Tunnel

This next chilling tale is about a young man named Matthew who is traveling across the country to pursue his dreams when he drives through a long dark tunnel and everything changes.

Matthew was traveling from New York to Los Angeles. He had been on the road for several hours and it was 3 in the morning. He regretted not stopping at a motel but knew it would be a while until he found one. He had never been to this part of the country so it came as a surprise to him when he seen a sign saying there was a tunnel up ahead that spanned a mile. As he entered the tunnel it was kind of creepy.

Out of nowhere, his car began to make a funny sputtering noise and soon it completely died on him. Pulling next to the tunnel wall he grabbed a flashlight from his trunk and looked under the hood. He could not find anything wrong with the car but a chill ran down his spine. Even though there was no traffic in the tunnel he could hear something in the distance. He jumped back in his car and locked the doors. He attempted to make a call on his cell phone but his battery was dead. This was extremely disturbing considering he had it plugged up in the car. He sat there in his car waiting to see if anyone drove by.

While sitting in his car waiting he fell asleep. He awoke to a knocking noise on his window. He quickly opened his eyes to look out the window but there was no one there. He tried to start his car once again and strangely enough it started. He took off as fast as he could ready to get out of the creepy tunnel. As he began to see the end of the tunnel his cell phone began to vibrate. He opened up the text message and read it."Do not go through the tunnel, it will bring death to you." Just as he finished reading the text message he was out of the tunnel. His heart began to race. What if the text message was right and it brought death to him. 

He pulled off on the shoulder and as he feared what the message really meant he noticed a sound coming from the tunnel. He slowly turned his head and coming from the tunnel was a tall dark figure with a sickle in his hand. Matthew covered his head as the sickle was thrust into the window and the glass shattered. The figure jerked him out of the car and carried him off into the tunnel where he lost consciousness. When he awoke he found himself holding a cell phone and on it, a message appeared. Call this number at precisely 6:15 and leave a message. "Do not drive to work today." It will bring death to you."

As Erin began to drive off for work at 6:15 she received the message and it was too late.