Night # 96 Vacation Nightmare

This next chilling tale is about a family vacation that takes a rather scary turn.

The Wilson family had rented a van specifically for a summer vacation. They were having their neighbors watch their home while they were gone. Unlike most typical families they decided to take off at night to avoid some of the worst traffic. They hit the freeway ready for a week of fun.

While they were driving Dan asked his wife to look in the glove compartment to see if there was a map. Tonya could not find a map, but she found something a little strange as she looked for one. She looked at the piece of paper with skepticism. It showed a diagram of some sort and had strange directions on it. She did not want to ruin the family vacation they had all been waiting so long for so she put the paper back in the glove compartment and just simply told her husband they would need to stop and purchase a map somewhere.

Dan drove for a few hours when he noticed his gas light come on. He asked his wife to help him look for an all-night gas station because it was 2 in the morning. They had to drive several miles before spotting one. While Dan got out of the van to pump gas and pay for it Tonya looked in the glove compartment again. She did not know why but something inside of her could not help but wonder what else was in the compartment. She searched inside it with a flashlight and underneath the diagram was a list. She held her mouth as something inside her screamed. Before her very eyes was a list of each member of her family going on this vacation. 

She noticed as she held her mouth that her two teenage daughters were waking up wondering where they were. She tried to calmly tell them that they were stopping for gas but her daughters knew something was wrong because she was shaking. She knew she could not lie to them. The two girls, Melissa and Melinda, stepped out of the van and came around to her door. When Dan came back out to the van after paying for the gas he noticed his daughters comforting their mother. Dan asked what was wrong and Tonya knew she had no choice but to tell him.

Before taking off Dan looked in the glove compartment and all he found was registration and papers on the van. They all looked at Tonya wondering why she had thought there was something else in the glove compartment. They did not want to make her feel crazy so they told her that maybe she had fallen asleep briefly and had a nightmare. She looked in the compartment herself and they were right, the papers that she had seen were not there. 

Dan drove back onto the freeway telling his wife to just relax that they would be to the cabin they had rented in just a few hours. Tonya decided to take a nap and asked the girls to help their dad while he was driving. Before she knew it they were at the cabin. After putting all of their things away the family went out swimming and had a blast. Before long, Tonya, as well as her family, had forgotten all about the incident earlier. 

That evening as the family gathered for dinner a group of men in a circle sat at a table. They each held a piece of paper in their hands. After each of them repeated one another the pieces of paper disappeared into thin air. One word emanated from each of them as the papers disappeared. "Soon."

After the family finished eating dinner they decided they were all tired so they were going to go to bed early. They each went to their rooms to get changed. As Melissa went to grab her pajamas she found a diagram in with her clothes. What had happened to her mom earlier occurred to her. Hadn't her mother said something about finding a diagram in the glove compartment? She looked at her sister Melinda and knew that something had occurred to her as well. She held a piece of paper and wondered a very similar thing. Hadn't her mom said something about a list with each of their names on it? 

They both, without a word, ran to their parents' room. When they knocked on the door they could hear their parents freaking out about something. The four of them gathered in the room wondering what was going on. Apparently, their mom had found a piece of paper that gave instructions for each and every single one of them. Their dad had a blank piece of paper with only a drop of blood upon it. 

They did not know whether they should stay put or leave. Would it make a difference each of them wondered as the lights went out? They huddled together as the front door opened and several seconds later closed. They could hear the footsteps of four individuals approaching the bedroom and knew they could not run now. The door opened and it became cold very suddenly as if a cold front had entered the room itself. Each of them screamed as a set of deathly hands grabbed them. Once the hands were touching them their bodies began to freeze upon contact. 

As the four left the room with each of their victims in tow the room warmed back up immediately. They took the four back to their cabin which was close by and followed the instructions they had written down. In the woods years earlier they had stumbled upon something powerful. If they gave it what it wanted they would live forever. It was very powerful indeed considering they were already dead and did not know it.