Night # 178 Book of Nightmares

This next chilling tale is about a book that brings some nightmares with it.

I don't know what it was about the book I had picked up from the bookstore. Here it was 3 o'clock in the morning and I was still wide awake reading it. It was about this young man who kept having nightmares about a serial killer coming for him. A few hours later I turned to the last two pages and as I finished reading them I noticed that the ending was not there.

I did not understand why the book was incomplete. Who leaves the ending out of a published book? The last words I read were, " He was sitting in his recliner after awakening from a nightmare when he heard something break in the kitchen." It drove me crazy wondering what happened to him.

The sun was now up and I had missed out on getting any sleep. I had to go to work with no sleep. As soon as I got home that evening I fell asleep in my recliner. I fell into a deep sleep in no time and that is when the nightmares began. I kept seeing the serial killer everywhere I went in the nightmares I was having. Finally, I woke up in a cold sweat hysterical. I thought to myself that I should never have read the book.

My blood froze as I heard something fall off the table in my kitchen and break. I could not move and a voice began to emanate from behind me. "I see you read my book son. I bet you did not know that it was a true story. I have managed to kill for years without getting caught but my time is just about done. You will now carry on for me."

He disappeared before I could turn around to catch a glimpse of him. I thought for sure that I was still having a nightmare. I don't know why but I just wanted to go back to sleep. I fell into a deep sleep once again but this time I did not have nightmares. I was dreaming about my neighbor and how much I wanted to hurt her. The next day when I woke up I went to her house and she let me in thinking of the man that I used to be. 

Little does she know that I have changed drastically and that soon she will be dead. I guess my father wanted only one thing for me in life, the urge to kill just like him.