Night #101 Bringing Something Bad

This next chilling tale is about a young wife who gets worried when her husband comes home late one night acting very strange.

Vicky was sitting in front of her television one night worried about her husband Denny because he was over an hour late getting home from work. He usually called if he was going to be late but she had not heard from him. Suddenly she heard the door opening and closing quickly. She caught Denny just as he was heading upstairs. When she asked him about being late he just looked at her strangely and claimed that he was home at his usual time.

She followed him upstairs where he started to get ready for bed. Something was definitely off about Denny and she knew it. In the five years, they had been married he had always eaten supper while watching television for a couple of hours before he went to bed. She tried to ask him what was wrong but he kept acting like he was doing what he did every night when he came home from work. 

It was only 8:00 but Vicky not wanting to be up by herself forced herself to lay down next to her husband. She kept lying there wondering what had happened to her husband. He had never acted the way he was tonight in all the years they had been together. Just as she was drifting off she noticed a tiny whisper next to her, "You better not fall asleep." Vicky was spooked. What was going on? She could not sleep that night as she continued to hear the threatening whispers. "You better get out of the house while you still can."

Vicky was scared to move. She wanted to get away from the house but she did not know if her husband was actually asleep or not. She could not see his face. The whispered words that she heard emanate next were convincing enough for her to try and escape. "I have him now he is no longer yours. Try to fight me if you dare." Vicky slowly gathered the courage to lift up in the bed and try to make a run for it when something caught her attention. Looking over at her husband's body she could see something running underneath his skin. 

Vicky ran as fast as she could down the stairs. She picked up the phone to call the police when the whisper came over the phone. "I would not do that if I were you. I left you a present on the table in the kitchen and if you know what is good for you go get it." Vicky could not believe what was happening in her home or life right now. What was controlling her husband and what did it want? She did not know what the answers were but she was scared enough to do what she was told. 

She slowly walked into the kitchen and looked down at the table. There was a strange looking book with a black cover. She opened the book and a shockwave hit her. For the past year, her husband had kept a journal. According to the journal her husband had died a year ago and was trying desperately to find a way back to the living. How had he been dead for a year? A wife would know if her own husband had died. As if to answer her question the phone rang. She hesitantly picked it up.

She received her answer. She searched through the file cabinet as instructed and there in a folder were his death certificate along with medical records stating that she could not accept the death of her husband and thus believed him to be coming home every night. As she started to cry the memory began to flood back over her. He had died in a work accident suddenly. She was startled out of her memories by a set of footprints coming down the stairs. 

One look at his face was all she needed. It was no longer the appearance of a man. It began to speak to her. "As you can see he was not successful, but he did help me to get here. He even led me right to you. I am going to enjoy the suffering I can bring to you." Vicky stood there crying as the unknown creature made his way very quickly to her. She could feel a burning sensation as he grabbed her arm. " By the way, I have another present for you and I think I am going to love it." Vicky began to scream as she heard what sounded like several footsteps coming down the stairs. "I invited some friends along to share in your misery." 

Vicky thought that they were going to make her physically suffer but they had something a little different in mind. One of them pulled what appeared to be a crystal ball out and the picture inside it made Vicky suffer immensely. It was Denny being pushed by the creatures into what looked like a lava pit which he could never get out of. "He made his choice and now you have to live with it." The creatures left her crying in the floor as they walked out the door. The last words she heard were, "Time to make a few more house calls." They transformed into human form as they walked away. Apparently, Denny was not the first one to try to get back to the living world and he would not be the last.