Night # 145 Narcolepsy

This next chilling tale is about a young man suffering from narcolepsy and what befalls him.

Matthew had been having trouble for the past couple of weeks. He had suddenly started falling asleep at strange times. The first time it happened he was washing dishes. He regained consciousness jerking his hands out of the sink. It scared him but at the time he just thought it was from working such long hours.

After a few more occurrences he decided to go to the doctor and after running some tests the doctor told him that he would call him to discuss his results with him when they came in. The very next day Matthew was cleaning out his garage when he suddenly fell asleep without warning. When he regained consciousness he found something close by that startled him. On his work table was an empty pill bottle.

Matthew went inside to sit down when his phone rang. It was the doctor. "Have you been taking anything in the past couple of weeks to help you sleep?" No. Why do you ask? "We found traces of a very strong sedative in your system." Matthew dropped the phone as the shock hit him. As the doctor was asking if he was still there he thought about the cup of water he had just finished.

He was losing consciousness quick and he could swear that as his vision blurred someone was standing over him with the pill bottle in one hand and an empty glass in the other.