Night # 87 Marked for Death

This next chilling tale is about a young girl who begins to realize that something is out to get her.

Jenny woke up in the morning to get ready for school. She got dressed then went to the bathroom to fix her hair for school when she noticed a strange mark on her face. She took her makeup mirror to see the mark more clearly. She stood in shock as she discovered the mark was a very small pentagram on her right cheek. Jenny tried desperately to wash it off, but it would not come off.

She covered the mark on her face with some makeup so no one would notice and she headed off to school. When school ended that day Jenny started to walk home when she noticed something on the sidewalk. She bent down to see what it was and discovered that it was a letter she had written to her boyfriend with blood smeared all over it. She became scared as she pondered how it had gotten here and who had taken it from her room. Not to mention where the blood had come from. 

When she arrived home she knew she could not tell her mother so she just acted as if it had never happened. That night her mother went to the store and left her there alone. Her boyfriend called shortly after her mother left. While they were conversating about their plans to go on vacation when school let out for the summer something caught Jenny's eye. There was a small red patch beneath her school books on her dresser. She put her boyfriend on speakerphone and picked the books up slowly. She screamed into the phone as she noticed what was on the dresser.

Her boyfriend was asking her what was wrong but she was too shocked to answer him. There on the dresser was her name written in blood. She tried to tell her boyfriend what was going on and that she was going to have to call the police but as she did his voice disappeared. She stared at the phone as a message popped up. " Marked for Death, 9:00 PM tonight." Jenny found that after she read the message her eyes were glued to the clock on her dresser. It was now 8:45. She tried to get her phone to work but it shut itself off. 

Jenny ran downstairs just as her mom was coming through the front door. She could no longer hide what was going on from her mother. She tried her best to stay calm so she could explain what had happened over the course of the day. Her mother did not know what to say. They both jumped as a knock at the front door sounded. Her mother made her stand behind her as she looked to see who it was. She was relieved to see it was only her daughter's boyfriend Scott. She opened the door and Scott hugged Jenny tightly. She looked at the clock as she quickly told him what had occurred. It was now 8:58 PM.

She held Scott as she waited for death to claim her. She knew there was no time to call the authorities. She noticed as she took his hand that there was blood on it. He tried to explain to her what it was from but she would not listen. She grabbed a fire poker from the fireplace and stabbed him with it. Her mother could not believe her eyes. Jenny had reacted so quickly her mother could not stop what she was doing. Jenny was so hysterical as she stabbed Scott that she lost her balance and fell onto the glass coffee table. Unfortunately, she lost too much blood from the glass cutting her body all over and she died in her mother's arms.

After all the evidence was examined carefully the authorities went to her mother's house to explain what had happened. Her mother could not believe what she was hearing. Apparently, the blood on the letter and the dresser were that of someone deceased. The mark on her face was a complete mystery to the authorities. Whoever had marked her for death was already dead themselves. Her mother cried herself to sleep that night. In the morning she went to the bathroom and noticed something strange on her face. She screamed as she realized there was a mark on her right cheek. Only it was not a pentagram it was a small black rose.