Night # 49 Autopsy Room

This next chilling tale is about an older lady who performs an autopsy and gets the surprise of her life.

Jennifer began her story. Martha had been performing autopsies for ten years now and she assumed this one would be no different. The two hospital workers wheeled him in and let her know that this one creeped them out a little bit. As they left the autopsy room she opened the body bag slowly. When she saw the man instantly she understood why he gave the two workers the creeps. He had some very strange tattoos and his face was scarred up. 

She rolled him on the table and got ready to make an incision. She took a deep breath and made the incision as thoroughly as she could. When she was done she put the scalpel down and began to take a look inside. As she did she could not believe her eyes. She immediately washed her hands and called for a doctor to come downstairs to the room. As the doctor began to speak to her he screamed and a very chaotic situation began to unfold as the phone fell from the doctor's hands. She could hear what sounded like the staff being attacked by someone or something. 

She hung the phone up and decided to run from the room. When she exited the double doors of the autopsy room she turned around and seen that the dead man was gone. How could this be, she wondered. She ran for the nearest exit but as she did he appeared in front of it as she turned the corner. As she froze in shock he spoke. "Here she is, come and get her." Before she could turn and run the other direction there was a multitude of patients waiting for her. As they held her down the man with the incision stuck a needle into her arm. They let go of her and within a few seconds, her body fell lifeless to the floor. 

The man with the incision waited patiently as the patients removed what he wanted from her. Martha had freaked out earlier because he had no heart and now he had one. He pulled his chest apart and put it in himself. They really did not need what they had taken but being from the underworld they would continue to take whatever they wanted. They talked amongst themselves and decided that maybe this time instead of a hospital they would visit a college dorm instead. They appeared to be human to others but underneath they were something far more sinister.

Everyone seemed to be spooked by the story but decided that maybe it was time to go to sleep. They were all yawning and had to get up early to pack their things and head home so they each went to their tent and fell asleep. As they slept something lurked outside their tents.

The next morning they woke up refreshed and packed all their things up. They walked back through the woods to head to Nathan's house so they could get their vehicles and go home. When they arrived at the house something was very strange. Their parents' vehicles were parked outside of Nathan's house. As Nathan and the others went inside they tried to talk to their parents but all the parents were crying and did not seem to notice them. As they stood there for a few minutes they all looked at one another in shock. Apparently, the night before they had been viciously attacked by a pack of coyotes and their parents had found them first thing in the morning dead.

As the words sank in they began to feel very cold and numb.