Night # 20 Scary Child

Amanda stood at the kitchen counter regretting her decision to go to West Fork. She did not know what to do except to think things through and figure out what she could do to possibly stop what was happening. She went into the living room to search on her computer. As she walked into the room she noticed on her bookshelf there were some DVD's and written in big black letters was the name, Edward Thompson, and there were dates on them as well. Amanda worked up the courage to put the DVD with the earliest date in. Turning the tv on the image was that of a little boy that was about five years old. He was sitting on the floor and facing the camera with a big smile on his face. At first, Amanda thought he was precious but then his face distorted and he pulled out a box of matches. He lit one of the matches and threw it on his bed. He ran out of the room and within a couple of minutes the smell of smoke woke his parents up and they came into his room. They desperately tried to find Edward not knowing where he was and as they did the smoke became too much. The screen went blank for a few seconds but suddenly the picture was showing little Edward in the arms of one of the fireman. He wrapped his arms around the fireman and as everyone was trying to get the situation under control Edward grinned into the fireman's shoulder.

To be continued...