Night # 183 Big Empty Hole

This next chilling tale is about falling into a mysterious hole.

I was jogging in the woods one day when I tripped and fell into a big empty hole. I could not fathom how I had not seen the hole but it was like the hole appeared out of nowhere. It took me a minute but I managed to climb out of the hole in the dirt.

I went home and because I had gotten quite dirty from falling in the hole I took a long hot shower. I went to watch some television before bed and I noticed a severe pain shoot up my leg. I raised my pant leg up and noticed a red mark.  I guess I had hurt myself when I fell in the hole without realizing it.

That night as I slept I kept dreaming about falling into that hole and what was in it. I woke up in a sweat and noticed that my head was hurting severely. I went to the bathroom to locate some medicine when I noticed something strange in the mirror. The center of my forehead had a huge red mark on it. I knew I did not have it when I took a shower and I had not hit my head so this puzzled me. I knew I could not go to work like this so I called in sick.

As the day wore on I kept getting pains in my body and everywhere I had pain there would be a huge red mark there. What happened when I fell into that hole? I had to know what was happening to me so I went back to where the hole was. When I got there I could not believe my eyes. It was the same hole I was sure of it but it was much bigger. I looked inside it but nothing seemed out of the ordinary about it.

I went to bed early that night hoping that sleep would make it all better. I awoke the next morning feeling really sore. I went to the bathroom and when I looked at myself in the light I could not believe it. I was covered in red marks from head to toe. I went back to my room to change and noticed something creepy. My floor had dirt all over it and my bed was the same red as the marks on my body.

I felt like I was losing my mind. What was happening to me and was it possible? I went to sleep that night and woke up feeling something on my skin. When I opened my eyes I screamed as I realized I was in that hole and it was huge. I tried to climb out of it but I could not climb that far up. I did not want to think about what I was feeling on my skin so I did not look down at myself.

That is when I heard him speak to me. "It was not your lucky day, my dear. I set the trap and you fell right into it." As his voice drifted away, I noticed the hole was getting bigger and I could no longer see the top of it. " I must go set my next trap and see who will join you."