Night # 126 Sleeping Cure

This next chilling tale is about a young man suffering from sleep insomnia and the cure he receives.

Tim had been suffering from sleep insomnia for months. He heard about a doctor who had just started operating in his area. He knew he needed to seek help so he set up an appointment. When he went to see the doctor he was given a medicine that was fairly new and was supposed to be really good. Tim took the medicine and slept peacefully that night. 

The next day Tim went to work refreshed for the first time in months. He got started on his work but as he did he began to feel strange. He felt like he was starting to daydream. A co-worker touched him on the arm and he nearly jumped out of his seat. He went home that day and decided to look up the medication to see what the side effects were. 

Tim could not believe it. There were no medications listed under that name. He tried to call his doctor to make an appointment to speak with him but the nurse said there was no doctor by that name at the office. Tim felt like he was losing his mind. What was going on? He decided to stop taking the medication until he could figure out more about it.

The next day he overheard a story at work that made him shiver. Apparently, someone had been given that same medication a few weeks ago by the same unlicensed doctor. The man had been institutionalized because he thought he was fighting in a war. The medicine was not approved and was known to cause someone to experience severe hallucinations while awake. The unlicensed doctor was never found.