Why do they gotta ask stuff like this?

~(episode 5: A Boy In a bush)~

I was sitting in a chair next to Goodman texting Angie.
"Sweetie you should pay attention."
"Why? I'm bored and Zack stopped replying and Jacks doing whatever Jack does."
"Because you'll be getting asked questions."
"Not yet. Doc still talking." I told before Goodman took my phone.
"Please pay attention Harper." He quietly told
"Don't call me Harper you know I hate it."
"Then pay attention Ashley."
"As far back as 1938, the director of the F.B.I., J. Edgar Hoover, wrote to the then curator of the Jeffersonian Institution, Professor Daniel Payne, to aid in the evaluation of specimens who were thought to be irrefutably human. This was the result." She told as she changes the slide, and a drawing of an ape appears making the students laugh. "Despite this early disagreement, the F.B.I. and the Jeffersonian have forged a mutually beneficial, if somewhat tense, relationship which survives to this day. Thank you."
All the students applaud and I was signalled that I had to stand up again. Me and Goodman joined Temperance up at the podium and I tried to hide my bored expressions.
"Thank you, Dr. Brennan. Are there any questions?" He asked and a girl in the audience raises her hand. "Yes?"
"How much money have you made from your book?" She asked as she stood.
"I don't really know. I have an accountant and an agent-" she began to answer only for Goodman to cut her off.
"That's not really the kind of question we're looking for from an anthropology student.Yes?" He called onto another student making him stand.
"This is for Ashley."
"Go ahead." I told
"Could you sign your record for me? And do you know what your siblings are doing with the movie deal?"
"No I don't know what my older siblings are doing with the movie deal. And sure I will sign it after the lecture thing." I told making him sit down.
Another female raised her hand making Goodman call onto her and she stood and showed some familiar photos.
"Ashley am I able to get you to sign these model shots of yours? And will you be making an appearance in the movie?"
"I can also sign those photos. And I don't know if I will or won't be making an appearance in the movie." I told before looking towards Goodman and Temperance to see they held a confused look towards me.
'Great.'
I covered the microphone so the audience didn't hear what I said.
"This is why I don't like coming to these things."
"What do they want you to sign?" Temperance asked
"I'll explain after this." I told making her nod.
Another student put their hand up and I removed my hand from the microphone.
"Yes?"
"Do you miss working as a P.I. before you joined the Jeffersonian?"
"Sometimes I do. But I also enjoy the work I do with my team and the fact that I'm well respected for my age despite some people questioning my work ethics or how I'm so good with police work and what not." I told
Another male raised their hand and Goodman called onto him and he stood like all the others.
"Did you get your agent before or after you wrote the book?" He asked making Temperance move to answer it only for Goodman to stop her.
"People, Dr. Brennan is an accomplished forensic anthropologist who writes books on the side. And Dr.Harper is also an accomplished forensic entomologist, botanist, mineralogist and a weapons expert who also does other work on the side."
I looked towards the crowd to see Seeley was standing among the students.
"I have a question regarding role of the F.B.I. in your book: Who do you base the brilliant and insightful Special Agent Andy Lister on?" He asked
"Oh, for God's sake." Goodman said making me laugh.
"I haven't been more glad to see that agent then I have now." I told before Seeley continued to speak.
"Because, you know, I'm pretty sure it was me."
"What are you doing here, Booth?" Temperance asked.

We were standing outside and I was busy signing things and taking pictures.
"Do you know what your brother Peter is doing in the movie?" Someone asked
"I do not know what my brother will be doing." I told before seeing Temperance and Seeley walk past. "Oh I gotta go. Body's to see and crimes to solve."
I quickly rushed after them and kinda began to push them slightly.
"What's the rush?" Seeley asked
"I don't like being here. Especially since my family and everything is more well known with them." I told before I stopped pushing them forwards.
Once we were outside Seeley began to fill us in on the case.
"Local police got an anonymous call saying that there were human remains in a field behind a mall in the suburbs."
"I did an anthropological profile of the suburb as a grad student. The whole notion of a created community, a modern utopia with its own mores and rules... It's fascinating." She told.
"Fascinating to who?"
"To 'whom'." She told
"Whom." He told before he saw the shiny, silver sports car they've walked up to and laughs. "You've got to be kidding."
"What? My publishers gave it to me." She told
"Gave it to you?" He questioned.
"That is what she said." I told before someone else wanted a photo with me.
"Book sales are pretty good. It's supposed to be a nice car. Ashley did you really make another crowd?"
"Yes and no I do not know when and where they will be filming." I told the crowd since someone asked.00
"Gave it to you?" Seeley questioned again.
"Yeah."
"Well, why'd you park crooked?"
"Well, the guy said to always park it like that."
"He's wrong. It makes you look like an idiot." Seeley told
"I told her not to park like that." I told before turning back to the crowd. "Ok I'm not doing anymore I have to do work."
Everyone walked off and I turned back to the other two.
"How about I drive for once?" Temperance asked.
"No, I cannot show up at a crime scene in that."
"Why?"
"Because it would detract from the gravity of my F.B.I. presence. Especially if you parked crooked."
"Especially since feds and the po-po believe that looking posh and clean looking with their cars." I told
"Why is the F.B.I. involved in the search for human remains behind a suburban mall?" Temperance asked
Seeley pulled a piece of paper out of his jacket and handed it to her.
"Because this boy is missing." He told as I looked to see it was a missing person flier with a young boy picture."
"Oh... A child." She said as she continued to look at the flier.
"Yeah."
"Welp. Let's rock 'n roll!" I told as we walked to Seeleys car.