Popping pills (that the doctors prescribed me.)

We were standing in the medicolegal lab going over what we found on the skull.
"These are slivers of metal found on the skull." Jack told
"Probably from the tyre iron."
"I got mine to test markings to see if it actually fits." I told as I showed mine.
"Is that blood?" Doc asked
"It's silt. I'm breaking it down with Ash. It contains traces of two chemicals."
"Anthracene and fluoranthene." Me and Zack told at the same time making us smile.
"I've scanned in all the X-rays and built a 3-D model. Troy would have liked that. bastard." Angie told as she came in.
"I've found some more material in the fractures along the sagittal suture." Temperance stated
"It's pollen." I told at the same time as Jack making us give the other a high five.
We walked into Angies room to stand around the Angelator when Zack gave me my folic acid pill bottle.
"Thanks bone boy."
"What are you taking?" Seeley asked
"Acid." I told before taking one and putting it into one of my pockets.
"She takes folic acid." Zack told
"Snitch."
"Why do you take folic acid?" Jack asked
"And why does Zack know?" Seeley added
"I take it since it helps me not die if I get too sick type of deal, to do with this medical condition thingy I got from my dad. And the reason Zack knows is because he saw it on my bench at my place before living with the boys, since I had taken it just before he arrived."
"Ok then." They both told before Jack began to talk about the case.
"The pollen is from Spartina alterniflora."
"More commonly known as smooth cord grass." I added
"I'm sorry, what does pollen tell us about April Wright's murder?" Amy asked
"Angela?" Temperance asked making her change the Angelator picture. "The murder weapon collected pollen from the surrounding flora. When she was struck, pollen from the murder weapon was deposited in April's skull."
"Spartina alterniflora is only found along Chesapeake Bay." Jack stated
"The pollen and silt both showed traces of complex chemicals." Zack continued before I spoke
"Which we all know what that means."
"What does that mean?" Seeley asked
'Of course he doesn't.'
"April Wright was killed in a marsh near a chemical plant." Temperance added before Amy answered her cell phone since she began to get a call.
"Amy Morton. Thanks." She told before hanging up and turning to us. "They've moved Howard Epps to the imminent room."
"Oooo, I would love to know what he has." I told
"What's that?" Angie asked
"It's where he has his last meal and says goodbye to his family. We need the location of that marsh." Seeley told before him, Temperance and Amy left.
'This seems bad.'

We waited around the lab when Angie got a call. She quickly answered it and ended the call quickly after that.
"What's that about?"
"They found the place she was killed."
"That's good then." Jack told but I noticed she hadn't said everything.
"Angie what happened?"
"They also found all of Epps other victims. He's no longer going through with the death sentence till all the bodies found go through trial."
"Shit." I said before leaning back on the stairs as I covered my face.
"What does that mean for us?" Zack asked
"We helped the fucker stay alive longer. That's what it means for us." I told getting up and leaving the building.

I laid on the roof of my car thinking about things when I heard someone speak.
"Are you ok Ash?"
"I'm mad we got played Zack."
"Is there anything I can do to help?"
"Do you have a time machine?"
"No."
"Then sadly no, you can not help."
"Can I at least try?"
"If you can get up onto the roof and rest next to me then yes."
I could tell he was thinking about how to get up before I felt the van move a bit before I saw him move a bit next to me as he came and laid next to me.
"I see you made it up."
"There was no way of knowing he was setting up a trap to prolong his life."
"I know. It just reminds me of my childhood. That family's have no way of knowing what's happened to their loved one.... how could people do that to someone?"
"Is this to do with your father?"
"We believe he did it to someone. But we can't prove it."
"Is that why you have a restraining order against him?"
"No..... no he did something much worse."
"How is it worse?"
"Because it's something we can prove. Something we did.... I'm terrified of him, Zack." I told as there were tears forming in my eyes.
He grabbed ahold of my hand and gave it a light squeeze making me look at him.
"Your safe though. He can't come anywhere near you."
"He doesn't need to. I'll remember what he did... and how worse it could of been if my uncle didn't come when he did. I will always have to remember what he did, no matter how hard I try to forget."
"I'm here for you. I will protect you as much as I can."
"How do I know you can keep a secret? Other then the one you already know about me."
"Because when it comes to you, I've never lied about anything."
"Your lucky your cute bone boy. Cause I believe you." I told making both of us smile.
'What did I do to deserve having Zack in my life.'