Told you.

I was writing down the dimensions for what round objects would match the head wound when my phone began to ring.
"Ashley Harper here. Who am I killing?.... for legal reasons that is a joke I don't murder people." I told once I put it on speaker and continue to write measurements.
"Ashley."
"Oh what up Aunty!"
"Have you thought about my offer?"
"The one where I work with multiple people and travel around solving murders?"
"Yes."
"I have."
"And?"
"Still the same answer I gave you last time."
"You are wasting your talent."
"I'm not though. I'm figuring out how people die Aunty."
"You could stop criminals."
"I did that when I was a PI. Besides I love my life here, working with my friends. So it's still a no."
"The offer is still there if you change your mind."
"I know. I gotta go. Trying to figure out what hit this person in the head. So bye."
"Bye." She told before I hung up.
'Lady gotta take my no for an answer.'
"Hey Ash."
"What up Angie."
"Jack wanted to know if you worked it out yet?"
"Not yet....." I told before looking forward.
"You good Ash?"
"The bones."
"Yeah?"
"The ones that Jack thinks are frog. They aren't frog bones." I told before rushing to the bone room to see Jack, Zack and Temperance there.
"In a nutshell; anxious, depressed and nauseous." Jack told as I entered.
"Take a sick day." Temperance stated
"Guys...." I said only for Jack to continue talking.
"Not me. Cleo Eller. Pupal casings show that she was on Lorazepam, Chloradiazepoxide, and Meclizine Hydrochloride."
"Nausea." Temperance said.
"GUYS!" I exclaimed making them all look towards me. "She was preggers."
"What?" They asked minus Temperance.
"The bones. Don't belong to frogs but are human." I told
"Show me those bone fragments." Temperance told as they rushed to look at them.
The screen was turned on and showed the bone fragments enlarged before Temperance spoke.
"Ashley is correct. These aren't frog bones, Cleo Eller was pregnant." She told
"Feral remains...." Zack told
"Malleus, Incus, Stapes, these are fetal ear bones." Temperance added.
"The girl was pregnant." Jack stated.
"Not very far along." She told
"Jack you owe me 20." I told making him quickly pull a 20 note from his wallet before handing it to me.
"Gotta stop making bets with you." He told as I smirked.
"This is why I'm king of the lab." I told before Zack spoke.
"Do you want to try to get a DNA reading see if we can prove paternity?"
"You can try, lets hope there's enough genetic material to test." She informed.
"This Senator, ahhh he is smart. He gets an intern pregnant and then murders her when it threatens his career and he has the connections to get away with it." Jack told
"I hate it when you make paranoia plausible, it's like sliding off a cliff."
"This is why I wait till Temperance is out of ear shot before I speak conspiracies." I stated
"Special Unit? No way your FBI pal heads it up unless the dark powers in charge are convinced he knows where his political bread is buttered. Either way, this is where this investigation ends." Jack told making me roll my eyes before realising something. "Oh I know that look. You've worked something out haven't you?"
"I think so. Do you guys know where I can get a lot of knifes?"

I was working away with the amount of knifes and every time I found one that didn't fit the profile I threw it into the wall I brought in so nothing became damaged.
"Oh no." Angela said as her, Zack and Jack walked in.
"Oh no what?" Zack asked
"When Ash needs to release some steam she throws knives." Angela told
"That explains why there's the wall fill with knives." Jack stated.
"Have you worked anything out yet?" Zack asked
"Nope." I told before throwing another one.
"I know not to piss Ash off when she has knives." Jack told making Angela chuckle.
I soon came across a knife that fit the profile perfectly.
"The dad's military yeah?"
"Think so. Why?" Angela told
"Because I just found the type of knife that killed her."
"You could work that out but not the head wound." Jack stated.
"Oh no I worked that out while doing this. It was a hammer."
"Ash you are scary good." Jack told as we bumped elbows.
"Meet the murder weapon. Military issued K-Bar knife." I told as I showed it.
"Where did you get most of these knifes?" Zack asked
"Oh. Half of these are mine. Some of them are from the weapons exhibit which will need to be returned soon before they find out." I told
"Let's quickly do that." Jack told as we collected the ones that didn't belong to me before we rushed off to return them.
'Love this job.'