Can I just get one night of peace and quiet?

I was relaxing in my room with Ash since she couldn't sleep and neither could I really.
"Have you thought of making your brain busy to drain yourself?" I asked as she played with one of her Rubik's cubes.
"Doesn't work for me. Ill be fine though, I'm used to not being able to sleep so I can just run with it. Doesn't explain why your up though."
"My mind is just too messy to be able to sleep. My friend Rio used to play her ukulele and sing to help with it when we lived together."
"How long did you two live with one another?"
"We began to live with one another when I was 17 I believe and she was 16, while we were still in University. And then when once Rio turned 18, we all got a house together which Tim, Vix and Joe still live in."
"How come you both moved out?"
"Rio wanted to get away from her cousin who lives in Washington. As much as I love my friends it was often chaotic in the house, especially since they are in a band and Rio was no longer around to threaten them with a broom. It also felt strange not living with Rio anymore, and once me and Jack got along better.... He offered me a place to stay and I agreed. So I've been here ever since."
"So where does Rio live now?"
"She lives in Virginia. Runs a bookshop that sells vintage books."
"Sounds like heaven for you."
"She's showed me the place once. When she first brought it..... she keeps telling me I've got to see the finished product."
"Maybe next holidays you should."
"Maybe." I told smiling up at her to see she had zoned out a little bit. "You ok?"
"Hm? Yeah sorry." She told blinking a few times. "My medication must be wearing off."
"Should be fun. Don't often get to see you off your medication..... actually I don't think I've ever seen you off your medication."
"I just zone out a lot and have trouble focusing on shit.... Hence me just playing with the Rubik's cube so I can just hyper focus on this when I finally am fully off."
"What you looking at?" I asked as I sat up more.
"The picture." She told pointing to the one I had framed and hung that she did.

" She told pointing to the one I had framed and hung that she did

(Side note: I drew that on my iPad. You lot are the first to see it I believe. {I say I believe cause I could have showed my mum it's a high chance} hope you all love it. And please don't steal it and claim as own I drew this for the series.)

"You made that for me on Christmas."
"I know. Just didn't think you'd hang it up."
"The other one is hung up at my home since my family loved it. The boy band was upset they weren't in it, to which Rio told them we weren't there and you haven't seen their faces really."
"True."
Soon the front door was knocked on making me get up to answer it, leaving Ash just playing with the cube. I walked over and opened the door to see Seeley there.
"Seriously?"
"Do you know?"
"Know what?"
"Her last name." He told pushing past so he walked in and I shut the door behind him.
"Are you on about the fact her last name isn't actually Finley?! Cause yeah I know Seeley! She told me everything about herself! How your Aunt Stella was murdered, how her father really died, what actually happened to her brother. And I sure as hell know her connections! She's made it clear to you, that you need to stop this."
"I can't!"
"Why?!"
"Because she's correct! Every time I look at you now.... I can't help but think back to the night I fucked up!"
"Then stop taking it out on me. She wants to forgive you, I've seen her do countless things to help her get there. But doing this shit, you are just hurting her more and making it harder for her to forgive you. It upsets her thinking you hate her as much as you hate her cousins cause they share the last name." I told
"I don't hate her."
"With all the arguing you two do, I wouldn't think that was the case. I know you just want her to talk to you like you two usually did.... But that won't help with how your acting. Tell her your sorry about this and go from their."
"And you think that will work?"
"As much she says Grace and Dave only do her taxes and finances."
"Finances and taxes." We both told as one.
"I'll let you get to sleep. We still have the case go do." He told as he walked towards the door. "Side note, should project this place if you know what our cousins do."
Look under the carpet at the door." I told making him pick it up to show the devils trap.
"Smart."
"Rio helped me protect the place. She's even given me and the boy band charms to help us." I told showing the anti-possession charm I wore on a necklace I kept hidden.
"Where'd she get something like that?"
"Your guys uncle Bobby. Found some and made a few for us to have."
"Smart. I'll see you tomorrow Zack."
"And hopefully you won't be a massive dick." I told before giving him a wave as I slammed the door on his face.
I let out a sigh as I hid the charm again and put the mat back to normal, before heading off back to my room.
'I need a month long nap.'
I walked into my room to see Ash had fallen asleep in my bed making me give a small smirk.
'At least I've got Ash here.'
I walked over and put the covers more on her, so she stayed warm before climbing in on my side.
'At least I've got Ash.'