The news we didn't want.

(Ash p.o.v)

We were back at the sheriffs office, and Temperance slid the photo across his desk making him look at what it was.
"Why didn't you mention your relationship to Dahni Webber?" Doc asked.
"Dahni Webber drop you for the photographer, the Indian guy, or both?" Seeley asked and I saw how mad Ben was at that implication.
"Moron. Dahni's my sister. Half-sister. Mostly, I raised her. You can check with Angie." He told.
'Called it!'
"Okay, we got that one wrong. I pretty much don't like the look of your sister's boyfriend, Alex Joseph." Seeley stated.
"Assault, narcotics. He bootlegs for the reservation. Yeah. Dahni could do better."
"Any chance that Dahni got caught up in something ugly because of him?" He asked since me and Doc were taking a back seat to this one.
"Until I find out otherwise, I'm assuming that Dahni and Kirk are lost in the desert."
"Alex Joseph, is he bad enough to hurt 'em if he finds them out in the desert together?" Seeley asked.
"It's on my list of nightmares, yeah." He told before mine and Docs phones began to ring.
We picked them up at the same time and answered whoever was calling us.
"Brennan."
"Ash."
"DNA results are in. The skull is definitely Kirk Persinger." Jack told
"Shit."
"Poor Angela." Temperance spoke with sadness due to us now having to tell Angie.
"Also, the hair tests off the charts for lophophora williamsii derived mescaline." He added.
"What's that?" Doc asked.
"Peyote." Me and Zack told as one.
"Anything on the cranial scoring?" She asked.
"I haven't really had a good crack at the skull yet. Hodgins hogged it."
"Jack I swear to the lord Zeus himself, if you keep hogging the skull Imma fight you when I get back."
"Why are you mad at me?! I was just getting particulates!"
"Yeah but you don't need to hog it to do so! Zack is Temperance assistant, and he needs to learn this shit so he can get his doctorate in the subject." I told before calming down and focusing on Zack. "You can continue Bone boy."
"The markings trace to several desert-dwelling species. It seems a full-grown male coyote did the most work on it, but one with a malformed jaw. Very unusual bite formations."
"Okay, ask Dr. Goodman to find a naturalist." Doc told before we hung up.
'I swear to the gods Imma fight Jack when I get back. He is gonna get an ear full from me.'
"Kirk Persinger?" Seeley asked and we gave a small nod.
"Yes. They found traces of peyote." Doc told.
"Drug-related. Shot to the spine, execution-style. So, Sheriff, do you still think this is a simple missing persons case?" Seeley asked causing Ben to look at the photo of him and his sister, and I knew he was thinking the worse outcome now.
"I have to tell Angela." Doc told Seeley.
"Listen, Sheriff, I'm sorry for the concern you must be feeling for your sister." He told.
"Yeah." He spoke.
'I know the feeling.'

"I will call the F.B.I. office in Albuquerque and I will officially take over the investigation." Seeley told as he drove his car across the desert road.
"I wouldn't do that." Doc told from the front.
"Why?"
"Desert dwellers are very insular. Mongolians, Bedouins of the Sahara, the Himloa of Kanana. Good hosts, but extremely distrustful of outsiders."
"Also if history has taught us anything. White man isn't always good and can be pricks."
"Bones, this is the United State of America. It's not Outer Mongolia. Also what's your whole 'White man bad' thing, Ashley?"
"History has shown the man ways how white people were massive dicks to people who didn't appear to look like them. Evidence from the fact racism is still a very evident in today's standards."
"The only reason Sheriff Dawes talks to us at all is because we know Angela. Alex Joseph held a gun on us." Doc stated.
"I admit I've met friendlier people." He told
"If a bunch of outsiders come in from Albuquerque, led by an outsider from D.C. I promise you, the people here will close ranks and shut up until we go away. Then they'll take care of it in their own way." She explained.
"Okay, who are you, Dr. Phil?"
"Who's Dr. Phil? Some kind of expert?"
'Really?!'
"He likes to think so. Okay, look. I'll take what you say under advisement. In the meantime, we need to go find out who supplied Kirk with his peyote." Seeley stated.
"Well, how are we gonna do that?" Doc asked.
"Talk to his girlfriend."
'This is gonna be interesting to say the least.'