The book.

"The pond is not only warm and teeming with microbes, which accelerated decomposition, but it houses black carp and coy which fed on the body."
"Ash already said that at the scene." Zack told
"Expect I said it more simplified like."
"Can I, as the only normal person in this room, say, Ew?" Angela asked
"You saying I'm not normal?"
"Your best friends with these two." She told as she pointed towards Zack and Jack.
"100% fair then."
"I got three larval stages of trichoptera, chironimidae..." he began only for Temperance to cut him off.
"As we cut to the chase...."
"Basically, the body was in the pond one winter and two summers." I told
"Spring before last." She told
"You really think I'm Lesty?" Jack asked, making Temperance look towards Angie with a confused look.
"The book." She told
"No, No, No. You're not in the book." Temperance told.
"Sure he is! We all are..." Zack added
"No, none of you are in the book. Those are fictitious characters based on...."
"I found some small bone fragments in the silt." Jack told interrupting her.
"We're out of the book now, we're back in real life..." Angela told Temperance so she knew.
"I guess Rana Temporaria."
"Frog bones..."
"I don't think the bones are frogs." I added
"And you would know." Jack stated
"Of course I know. When I was at university I had to do a presentation about something. I picked different bone types in reptiles and the frog bones do not look like that.... but I could be wrong it was when I was 13." I told
"Well, there were also some tiny gold links, those from a fine chain..." he added as I began to have some water.
"Point of clarification, I'm not a virgin. Nowhere near in fact." Zack told making me choke on my drink.
"I'm good!" I told as I coughed some more.
"You got Ash down perfect though." Jack told.
"No she didn't. From the looks of things, I am 100%!not a player. Despite my look."
"Didn't you go home with that one dude last week?" Angie asked
"Na. We just left at the same time. He was really nice though and I found out he is a vet.... defo not my type." I told.
"Who you captured perfectly, is Booth. Buttoned down but buckets of sexual confidence which, uhhh, I for one would love to tap." Angela told making me roll my eyes.
"It's not right to discuss tapping asses in front of a soaker." Zack stated making me give him a confused look.
"Boy you just talked about not being a virgin. You can not do that and then go 'we shouldn't talk about tapping ass in front of the dead chick.' Completely opposite from one another." I told making Jack laugh as Angela smiled.
"I can't bounce back and forth between my book and real life. Since we're stuck with real life let's just forget the book." Temperance told.
"I haven't analyzed whatever it was the victim was holding in her hand but it looks like cellulose." Jack told
"Paper?" Angela asked
"Possibly." I stated
"I found microscopic grit embedded in the skull fragments, I need you to identify those too." She told before turning her attention to Zach "Remove the remaining tissue, I'll debreed the skull fragments myself, reassemble it so Angela can put a face on our victim."
"Good. I prefer holographs, they don't stink." Angela told before to me. "I need your help on something Ash."
"Alright. High ho silver!" I told as I stood up and followed after her.
'What an odd case.'