Time to save.

(Ash p.o.v)

"Ash! Your coming with!" Seeley exclaimed as Temperance was following behind.
"Can I shoot someone?!" I ask as we rushed to the car.
"Maybe."
'Sick.'

Seeley was rushing us to the scene in his car as Temperance sat in the front and I was in the back, just enjoying the ride.
"Polina didn't make any calls from her cell phone after she was kidnapped. But nobody turned if off. When she left the coverage area, the cell phone was automatically assigned a new routing tower." He explained.
"That's stupid on their part really." I told.
"You can triangulate her position?" Temperance asked.
"Yeah to within 75 square miles. There was six abandoned gas stations in that area. There were five urban one rural. S.W.AT.'s team gonna check them all out but I think it's the rural one." He told
"Why?"
"Best place for it Doc."
"Because I use to do this kind of work." He added
"Same. P.I. Life."
"What, rescuing people?" She questioned.
"Or being the person they needed to be rescued from." Seeley admitted.
'Oh shit.'
"Oh."
"If I had choice, I'd pick the isolated rural one. The place I perfect. It's an abandoned truck repair depot. S.W.A.T. team will meet us there."
"Why don't we ever take my car? Or Ashley's?"
"Do you have bullet-proof vests in the trunk?"
"No." She told
"That's why."
"I do. I've got so much shit in there you would not believe how prepared for shit I am."
"Like what?" Seeley asked
"I've got a shit ton of salt in my car and iron."
"Angela did mention you believe in the paranormal. I don't understand why someone of your intelligence would."
"Because I'm the same person that worships the Greek gods. Especially Hades."
"So weird." Seeley told quietly.

We made it to the abandoned truck repair depot, and a swat member gave Seeley a gun.
"The F.L.I.R. Imagery gives us three adults within this structure." He told.
"Boy?"
"No reading?"
"Understandable why." I stated as I checked my gun and baton.
"Probably because he's small. Hypothermic."
"Entirely possible, sir. What's the play?"
"I go in first with Ashley, straight for the kid. You guys do what you do." He told.
"Alright."
"What about me?"
"Wait outside."
"But I don't wanna miss anything. And Ashley gets to go in."
"I'm trained and actually more dangerous without a weapon." I admitted.
"Bones these guys aren't like anyone you've every come up against. Please, just be someone you aren't for the next ten minutes and hang back. Please." He told making her give a nod.
We rushed towards the building started the raid when shots began to rang out. I threw the baton hitting a guy before swinging my body so I ended up taking another guy down before knocking him out. I saw another guy near the kid making me rush to tackle him away from the kid. Once I got him to the ground he tried to choke me, only for me to take his right arm and dislocate it before pushing him in the face so he was knocked out. I looked towards Seeley to see he was helping the kid.
'Thank fuck we got to him in time.'

We were next to the ambulance with Donovan in a stretcher and his hand was properly bandaged. Soon a car pulled up and his dad stepped out happy and crying at the same time.
"Is my dad crying?" He asked making us nod.
"I think your dad's crying because he's happy. He's happy he got you back." Seeley told.
"I think you should give your dad a big hug, to show how much you missed him." I added before we moved away for them to speak and we ended up joining Weeks.
"Well done." He told
"Yeah, I hope your really good at your job, Weeks." Seeley stated
"Why is that?"
"Because, otherwise you've got nothing going for you. And Ashley wants to punch you since she thinks your a massive prick." He told before walking off, leaving Temperance to take a few more steps closer to him.
"He's a Father himself." She told
"Thank God I always had the sense not to let that happen to me."
"This is why I think your a prick Weeks." I told before we both walked off to catch up with Seeley.
"You think K.B.C. hired the mercenaries?" Temperance asked once we caught up.
"Most likely." I told as we came to a stop.
"We'll let the grand jury figure that out. We did our job." He told before we began to walk back to the car again.
"It's not often I get to help save someone before they die." She admitted with a satisfied look on her face.
"Bones, every time you catch a murdered, you save his next victim."
"He's got a point you know."
"This is different." She told
"Yeah. Still glad you don't have any kids?" He asked making her stop to face him.
"Yeah. Why?"
"Looking at that boy and his dad. I just thought you'd change you mind."
"No. Still glad you do have a kid?"
"Gladder today than yesterday." He told smiling. "Doesn't make any sense."
"Yeah, it's complicated." He told as we left the scene. "What about you Ashley?"
"Just got to find the right one for it still. But when I do I'll be ready."
"Very sweet words." Seeley told.
"But I am hungry. So I'm thinkin' victory dinner at Wong Foos. You in?"
"We're in." They both told.

We were all enjoying dinner, with me between Zack and Jack. Seeley sat across from Zack while Temperance was next to Angie who was next to Jack. Surprise surprise, Seeley and Zack were arguing again.
"You just be quiet." Seeley told Zack making him roll his eyes.
"You need to get over it. It's been months since you've found out."
"I'm not going to get over it. Your friends with her."
"Yes and we had met once when we were in university, you just happened to forget what I looked like. Maybe due to the fact she punched you before kicking you out of her dorm room forever. No wait l should say our dorm room since I later moved in."
"Just be quite."
"Or what? You'll arrest me in front of her? Because we both know that didn't go well with you last time. It's the whole reason she stopped talking to you."
"Dude what is going on?" Jack whispered to me
"I've got no idea but I am loving this."
"You know what Zack. I don't want you being friends with her."
"First of all, she's an adult and we can be friends if we want to be. Second of all, you are not her legal Guardian, Daisy and Richard are so you do not get to decide our friendship. And they actually love me so that's not happening."
"You don't even know half the stuff I know about her."
"That's where you are wrong. I know everything about her and her family. We were living together before she moved to get away from you."
"Ok I've had enough of this arguing. You both know the same person, build a fucken bridge and get the fuck over it." I told "God it's like one of mine and Peter's arguments, except he doesn't answer my calls and that's why we argue. Which reminds me, the fucker isn't picking up my calls so I'm not gonna pick up his for two months."
"Why are you two arguing over the same girl?" Angie asked
"Because your buddy Zack has been friends with my cousin since she was 16 and he was 17."
"You know his cousin?!" We all exclaimed.
"He has two. He's just over reacting since she's the baby of his side of the family and the only female the family.
"I'm over reacting because I know there was a lot more to your relationship."
"We've only ever been friends."
"You know this was meant to be a nice dinner, for us to celebrate catching the killers with the kids and me being back. Guess not." I told before eating some more food before giving Sid a signal to start preparing what I take home.
"You have another cousin?" Temperance asked
"Yeah I have two. Four if I count hers."
"I prefer her other cousins over you. They were at least nicer to me then you."
"Do you know what they've done?"
"I'm wildly aware. I was there the night she began to hate you. And honestly, I'm feeling the exact same way she does about you right now."
"How did you two even become friends?"
"I was in her class that's how we met. She then helped me out before realising it was me then I had lunch with her and the others. We are closely the same in intelligence as well as personality. You are just upset because we didn't tell you since we both knew you are over protective of her as well as the very high chance of you wanting to shoot me for being friends with her."
"This has turned to an interesting night." I stated before having some of my drink.