Human lie detector

(Ash p.o.v) 

We were working on the platform with Temperance and I knew what was going to need to be done. Wether it happens now or later.
"Adipocere and decomp residues in the bagged soil, indicate the body was buried at least five years." Jack told
"That's congruent with , uh, P.H. in the soil, climate and degree of decomp." Zack told
"No. Seven years. It should be seven years." Temperance told shocking us all.
"Yes of course Temperance." I told to help calm her.
"I'm still going through the soil samples, but something in there might allow me and Ash to be more specific." Jack added.
"She was buried near Christmas 1991." She told as Seeley entered.
"I need the room, guys." He told confusing Zack.
"The whole lab? For what?" He asked.
"It's a cop way of saying, 'Get lost'." Jack told
"Come on you sweet summer child." I told as I began to push him away.
'Later.'

I waited for Temperance to walk into her office which ended with her slightly jumping when she saw me.
"Sorry. Didn't mean to give you a fright." I told.
"Is there something you needed from me?"
"I wanted to talk about the circumstances of our meeting."
"You didn't want to do it. Simple as that Ashley."
"No it's not. I was going to accept it, do what I could. Would have found her in Limbo knowing me."
"Why didn't you then? You told me the likelihood of finding them alive were slim to none, yet you were going to accept." She told as she came and sat next to me on the couch.
"You were a funny chick to me. Besides, if you truely think about my gift if you will. Is not actually the things people want kept hidden that I'm finding.... I'm finding the closure people need. Besides Angela explained my whole story. We've got more common then anyone realises. If I can't get closure on my missing loved one, then I could have given you yours."
"Then why didn't you?"
"I..." I began before Seeley interrupted.
"Ash there you are. I need your skills."
"I'm a bit busy."
"It's fine Ashley. We can discuss this later." Temperance told making me nod and follow after Seeley.
"Come on Fed. Tell me what we are doing."

We ended up going to Moorehead city in North Carolina, and headed to the town carnival.
'I love carnivals.'
"You know, it was the travelling carnival that came to Santa Barbara when I live there, that made me want to learn gymnastics."
"Really?" He asked as we snacked on the popcorn we got.
"Yeah. Also learnt how to breath fire as well as sword swallowing. I find them therapeutic." I told before catching a popcorn in my mouth.
"Well I am going to have to see it when this case is over."
"I'll show the whole team when we are done. I'll even show some tricks I learnt with the fire."
"Can't wait now." He told as we neared the Ferris wheel.
As we neared it, we saw the owner talking to who I expected to be Russ Brennan working away.
"Every minute this is down, I'm losing money." The owner told.
"Want faster work, grab yourself a cup of coffee. Leave me alone, man." He told as he continued to work on it and the owner walked away.
"You licensed for this job?" Seeley asked as we leaned against the railing and Russ turned to look at us.
"You're a cop. She isn't however." He told.
"You know who recognizes cops?" Seeley questioned as he walked towards us.
"Other cops."
"And crooks. I talked to you a couple of months ago on the phone. I'm Booth, this is Ashley." He told
"Hiya."
"You gonna ask me some more questions about my childhood?" He asked.
Seeley didn't answer it, but instead held up the picture he got of their mother that was rendered on the Angelator. Russ took it from his hand and looked at it.
"You found my mother?" He asked.
"Your sister did the I.D."
"What about dad?"
"No."
"Sorry bout that." I added.
"What do you want?" He asked.
"Do you remember being anyone else besides uh....Russ Brennan?" Seeley asked and something flickered in his eyes.
"No."
'He does. He's hiding something.'
"You wouldn't lie to me, would you, Russ?" Seeley asked
"Cops always think I'm lying."
"Yeah but I brought myself a human lie detector. She knows how to find what people want hidden." He told.
"People have things to be kept hidden, and I'm the gal to unearth them no matter how hard one tries to keep me from doing so. It's a gift or a talent if you will." I told making Seeley laugh.
"I want you to come back to D.C. and help out in this investigation." He told.
"I got a job, man."
"You know, the alternative is I just cite you for performing unlicensed repairs on heavy equipment, get your parole revoked. Tell you what? You give me a call when you get into town." He told sticking his business card in the railing and Russ went back to the ride as we began to walk away but didn't stop facing him. "Oh, and if you ask me, this -this thing here-is beyond hope."
He didn't say anything but instead pulled a lever which started the ride up again and Seeley got excited.
"Look at that. It works. I'll see you soon." He told before we saw Russ take the card.
We walked away and Seeley didn't even have to asked me.
"He'll come. A little bit to help us, but mostly to see Temperance again."
"You see your siblings a lot?"
"Every holiday. And they always manage to find me on my birthday."
"When is your birthday?"
"Late in the year but before December. That's all I'll tell you."
"How about your mother? You never talk about her."
"Talking about my family isn't really my thing."
"Well if I know what I know about you, then she raised you well. Despite not being in your life as much anymore."
"Yeah I guess she did."
'Yet it would surprise people to know how much she raised me.'