Like the Goonies!

~(episode 18: The Man with the Bone)~

I was rushing down the halls of the Jeffersonian building trying to show my disinterest, only for it to not work.
"I've told you before Justin. I do not want to go on a date with you."
"I only said 'Hello'."
"Yes and I only would like to add to that 'Goodbye'. Look, I'm flattered you like me, I am. However, I do not like you the same back. And you wanna know the only thing girls love when the feeling isn't mutual and they've rejected the other person?" I asked turning to look at him.
"What is it?"
"They give up and move on." I told giving him a smile before turning to walk off again. "Like I said earlier! Goodbye!"
'Really hate that guy.'

I was standing next to Zack in the bone room with us studying the contents of a box, while Temperance was examining the bone at the exam table with Angie next to her, and Jack was on the ladder in the room doing something.
"Native American."
"British Colonial." Zack told.
"Oh good choice." I told making him smile.
"American Revolutionary." Jack told grinning as he climbed down the ladder with the tray of bones.
"I'm saying, it's a sailor." I told.
Like on que, Seeley walked in holding a file folder in both his hands. I saw he was grinning, most likely due to hearing what we were saying.
"Hey, what are we playing?" He asked making Zack speak not looking up from.
"Doctor Brennan, the destroyer of evidence is here." He told making me laugh as Seeley's smirk dropped.
"Okay, I assume that's a joke so nobody gets hurt."
He told frowning before heading over to Temperance.
Angie ended up joining us at the table and we just talked while Temperance and Seeley talked.
"How come you looked annoyed this morning?" Zack whispered since Angie and Jack were talking about something.
"Justin was gonna ask me out again."
"What did you say?"
"Goodbye. I'm not interested in him. Not my type."
"What is your type?"
"For me to know Bone boy."
"Did Harry really mess up that bone?" Seeley asked making us focus on the case.
"He dissolved any traces of ingrained particulates on the surface, but we are still able to save some valuable attributes." Temperance told.
"Like what?" He asked.
"Alternating sclerotic and porotic areas on subperiosteal surface -" she explained and Seeley was already bored with it, making him pick up a magnifying tool and begins to play with it, checking out the close-up version of his own finger causing Doc to take it off of him. "- demonstrates -that whoever this was suffered from tertiary syphilis."
"Tertiary syphilis. Whoa..." he began as he shoved his hands in his pockets and began to rock back and forth on his heels, making a face. "Wow, that's the worst."
Jack ended up looking up from where he stood, holding his own magnifying glass over a piece of bone he was looking over.
"It was a common ailment in the seventeenth century." We both told.
"Which is where the bone dates from." Doc told
"Say what?" Seeley asked causing her to smile slightly.
"We ran a radiocarbon dating test." Zack told as he grabbed the file from the lab table and handed it to Seeley. "The finger's over three hundred years old."
"Which is why I'm saying, a sailor." I added
"It's a unique find for the area." Temperance told sounding pleased.
"I'm gonna change to French trapper." Angie told grinning making Jack quickly jump in.
"You can't change yours." He told making her roll her eyes at him.
"Booth, where did they find the victim?" She asked as Seeley studied the folder of data.
"They shipped him over from some resort town next to a federal seaside preserve." He told pausing as he read the file. "Assateague Island."
As soon as he said that both me and Jacks eyes widened and we shared a look.
"That's where the money pit is." We both told.
"Money pit?" Doc asked.
"Legend is ... Assateague Island is where Blackbeard buried his treasure." Jack began making Seeley immediately turns to us with his eyes lighting up with boyish interest.
"For three hundred years, people have been trying to find it." I continued as we both had them Hodgins all in rapt attention now for what we were telling.
"They've dug it out to something like a hundred and fifty feet, but they've found nothing." Jack told before I jumped in again.
"Every time they come close, they trigger a baffle that floods the pit with seawater." I told causing Zack to nod in agreement.
"Booby traps." He told.
"Like the Goonies!" I exclaimed making me and Zack share a knowing look with Jack and Seeley.
"Hey you guys!" We all exclaimed causing Temperance to be confused as Angie chuckle.
"Cool." Angie told as Doc read the file.
"The body was found at a dig site." She told
"This is the first concrete evidence that the treasure is more than a legend. I'll bet this is from one of the men who buried the treasure." Jack told.
"That's a possibility." I added.
"Pure conjecture!" Temperance exclaimed but we ignored her.
"Pirate." We both told.
"Pirate?" Seeley asked.
"Pirate?" Zack questioned with wide eyes and me and Jack couldn't help but smile.
"It's a pirate." We told breathlessly and Angie held up a finger in objection to it.
"You can't change yours." She told as Seeley was getting excited once again.
"Wait. So - so - the victim finds evidence that the treasure exists. Somebody else wants it all for themselves. That's certainly ... that's a good motive for murder." He told.
"We gotta get out to that dig site and see what else we can find." We told.
"I'll be glad to help." Jack eagerly added.
"That's okay. I'll - I can handle it." He told.
"Come on, man, share the wealth!"
"We are looking for answers, Jack, not treasure." Doc told with a  reprimanding tone, but Seeley ignored her and grinned towards us.
"Do you really think that treasure exists down there?" He asked.
"What do you think?" Jack asked back as we the three of us laughed.
We exchanged a look with Zack, to see he was also amused by the whole thing. Temperance just looked at us with a humouring yet mildly confused expression on her face.
"Why are you guys smiling?" She asked
"Pirates!" We all told as one minus her and Angie.
"Ha. Yeahhh." Seeley exclaimed in excitement.
"It's a guy thing, sweetie." She told though Temperance continued to look like she was not too sure of the joke, staring at us like we were insane.
"Hey!"
"Sweetie, I have never seen you make one female best friend growing up. It's only ever been guys."
"I'm friends with Kat!"
"I don't know who that is and you've never mentioned her."
"She travels with Shotgun and his brother."
"You became best friends with the girl travelling with Shotgun."
"Ok I lied. We don't talk a lot. So I'd say we were acquainted."
"This is what I'm talking about." She told
'I can't believe it might be a pirate.'