Kings of the lab.

We rushed into the lab and Zack used his id for us to get onto the platform. Once we got to the top I realised only Temperance and Jack were there.
"We're back."
"I was out taking the pictures you needed and there was a sign and numbers on the ground, and I thought 'why assume a quasi-randomly generated...'" Zack quickly told as he turned to get the photos on the screen.
"Zack. When you talk that fast, human beings can't hear you." Jack told
"Then Zack showed the number on the ground which also got me thinking and from there that this is strangely suspicious of a coincidence. So we went rushing through the joint taking photos and looking for what we needed to take a photo of." I added as I spoke at the same speed as Zack
"Great they are both speaking quickly." Jack told
"The number they found on the girl. 12402510221. Everyone assumed it was a phone number. But what if, instead of spacing the numbers like a phone number, you space them like this?" We both explained as Zack made sure the numbers were in the correct order.
"I was in the park taking pictures, and I saw that the parking space was numbered. To get to picnic area 10, you go through gate 25." He added
"Seems more than a coincidence." Temperance stated before Jack spoke.
"1240, what do those represent?"
"The time. 12:40. It's when she was gonna meet whoever she was meeting." We both told
"It fits with the timeline. He's weird, but he's smart. And she's also weird but also smart." Jack told making me smile.
"April Wright was setting up a date."
"Probably with the guy who left the pubic hair on her." Zack told
"Unless the killer was also the date dude but it's unlikely." I added
"Good job, Zack and Ashley."
"I got something. It's not quite so idiot savant, but it's aggregate gravel." Jack told
'We only saw grass.'
"What if the rest of the shadows on the X-rays were also gravel?" She speculated since we only had the x-rays to go off of.
"There was no gravel where her body was found. It was all grass."
"We would have noticed gravel if there was any at the scene." I added making Zack nod.
"Then she was killed someplace else. We have to exhume our victim's body." Temperance told before leaving the platform.
Me and Zack looked at each other before turning to Jack.
"What are you two staring at with the creepy smiles?" He asked
"Kings of the labs." We both told.
"No. Only one of us can be king of the lab at one time."
"Says who?" Zack asked
"Why don't we vote?" I said before looking at Zack quickly before looking back to Jack. "Raise your hand if you think me and Zack should be kings of the lab for this finding that we did."
We both raised our hand making him roll his eyes.
"Not fair you two teamed up."
"That's cause we are better." We told before giving each other a high-five.
'Man I love working with them.'

Temperance and Amy were able to convince the judge to allow us to look at her body again, which had now arrived and was resting on a table as we stood around the platform.
"This job is interesting since we see how we will all look like once dead." I stated as we looked at the victim.
"I... I can't." Amy told as she took a few steps back from it.
"Oh, god!" Angies date called Troy exclaimed from up in the lounge.
"Don't look, sweetie." Angie told her.
"You're not an artist. You're a freak. You people are all freaks." He told before leaving.
I looked towards the direction he walked before Zack  grabbed my wrist stopping me from going after him.
"Don't."
"Fine." I told making him let go of my arm.
"Uh, this job is so hard to describe online." Angie told
"Starters, fuck him. Second of all, he's just making the point of things called Troy."
"Which is what?" Jack asked
"That they all fall." I told making him try to stop his laughter.
"The left triquetral." Zack told making us look at it.
"It's a match. For the record, do you concur?" Doc asked.
"I concur."
"We've got several pieces of foreign material lodged in the bone." She told
"It's the same stuff we found in the shard." Jack added.
"Which is consistent with the arm being dragged through gravel after the attack." Me and Angie told at the same time making us give a small smile to one another.
"I got a warrant to search the house of the guy April Wright had sex with the night she was murdered." Seeley told
"What'd you find?" Temperance asked
"Underwear. Can you run a comparison on the hair?" He asked making me raise my hands to Jack and Zack.
We played rock-paper-scissors to see who would do it only for Zack to lose. He grabbed the bag and went over to the microscope as me and Jack bumped elbows.
"Is that April Wright?" Seeley asked
"Looks like she wasn't killed where she was found." Doc told
"She was planted back where she was last seen." I stated.
"Then where was she murdered?" He asked
"We've got microscopic particles beaten into the skull. Were these ever ID'd?" Doc questioned.
"According to the autopsy report, no." Jack told before Zack spoke up.
"It's a visual match."
"Will you backstop him on that?" She asked as she looked at Angie making her go do that.
"Where's Amy?" Seeley asked before I pointed to her.
"I'm here. I can't..." she told making him nod.
"It's okay. Things can get pretty, you know, disgusting around here." He states
"Unless you've been traumatised at a very young age to the point that not even this fazes you." I told making her give me a confused look.
"I concur with Zack. We have a visual match on the pubic hair." Angie told making everyone's attention go to the case.
"Is a visual match enough to stop the execution?" He asked
"We need DNA to be sure." She told
"Amy's right. This evidence isn't enough to stop the execution."
"Doc is correct. Only DNA evidence will stop it but we have a very slim chance of getting that."
"And you've got nothing else. Nothing at all?"
"Zilch."
"I don't know what else we can do." Temperance added
"If you tell the judge you've changed your mind, that Howard Epps is not guilty..." Amy began to say to Seeley making Temperance speak up.
"Have you changed your mind?"
"No. I have doubts that the guy should be executed, but... let's go see the judge." He told before the three of them left.
"Do you think they will manage to do so?" Zack asked
"I kinda hope not."
"Why?" Jack asked
"I don't approve the executed method since if you've done enough to earn it, then let them just rot in jail. Death gives them a pass of sorts for them having to die in jail. I don't think they've earned that right."
"Damn Ash. You think this way a lot?" Jack asked
"Just my stand point. Why?"
"Just thinking if there's someone that's made you think that way."
"Mainly one person I want to see rot in jail but I can't do much about him." I told before looking down at April.
'Hope she wasn't in so much pain.'