Should I stay or should I go?

(Ash p.o.v)

I took over Docs couch as her and Angie were at her desk, and I would fall right asleep if given the chance on her couch.
"How's Booth doing?" Angie asked.
"He's angry. I think I said some things." Doc stated.
"Sweetie --" she began before Doc got defensive.
"He wasn't being objective. I just had to get him to focus."
"You have to think before you speak."
"Why? I can say anything to you or Ashley without thinking about it first."
"Mood."
LYeah. Men aren't like us. They're much more fragile and needy. The fact that they think we're the needy ones is a testament to our superiority." Angie told.
"Yeah. I guess I forgot." Temperance told with an amused tone.
"I mean. I live off of like 80 bucks a week most of the time. I do splurge every now and then, cause I've got money to spare. But the fact men think I'm high maintenance pisses me off." I explained before Zack walked in. "My lovely Bone Boy who loves that I'm low maintenance and thinks I'm the best person he could ever live with."
I saw he gave a confused look towards Angie and Temperance and Angie just shook her head and signalled not to question it.
"Dr. Brennan, the military delivered all the paperwork you requested. Private Kent's autopsy report is careless and incomplete. There was no incison, no X-rays." He told and Angie looked down appalled by what we are hearing. "So there's no way to confirm the amount of bullets he was hit with."
"The M.E. marked seven entry points but the report says there were only six bullets." Temperance told as she quickly read the file.
"I could've done better with a Crayola." Zack told.
"Na, straight up the shitty crayons would've done the work." I told.

After Seeley read the file he threw the folder down onto the nearest surface to him
"Medical reports are done on the fly in combat situations. That doesn't mean that they're falsified." He stated.
"Booth, the report is a mess." Doc told before she turned to Angie. "Ange, I'd like you to input these photographs and enhance them for as much detail as possible."
She began to get onto that when Jack joined up with us on the platform.
"I couldn't salvage much flesh from Marshall's ear but I'm sending anything useful up to Pathology, see if they can match anything with the DNA they pulled from Jimmy Martin's cigarette." He explained before turning towards Angie and began to quietly talk with her. "Were you really mad before?"
"How is your part coming along Ashley?" Doc asked
"Getting there. Waiting for Zack to return from my car with some of the stuff I needed." I stated making her nod.
"I'd better, uh, work on these scrapings for Zack." Jack told before heading off to do so.
"This is a murder. We know Devon would visit Kent's grave. Jimmy said to apologize. He knew something about Kent, Booth, something these reports will never tell us." Temperance explained making Seeley look around as he tried to avoid being noticed before looking back at her.
"So what do you wanna do?"
"I wanna exhume Charles Kent." She told.
"Exhume a war hero? Do you have any idea what you're asking?" He questioned getting mad and Doc just stared back in determination.
"It's the only way we'll really know what happened to him."
"The report."
"Which is sloppy and incomplete."
"He is supposed to be honored this week, Bones, not humiliated."
"Doesn't Devon Marshall deserve as much respect and honor as Kent?" She argued back making him shake his head.
'I hate when they argue. Reminds me of my childhood, and I hated that. Just makes me wish I wasn't working her more sometimes..... maybe I should actually leave.'
"I'm sorry Bones, I can't let you do this."
"I'm not asking for your permission Booth. I can get the court order on my own. I was just kind of hoping for your support." She told before walking off and Seeley just watched her leave before turning his head and looked not only tired but also conflicted.
'Do I actually want to leave the Jeffersonian?'

(Zack p.o.v)

'I wish Ash had just taken the day off.'
I was looking at Kent's chest x-ray that was displayed on the monitor, with Dr. Brennan.
"The X-rays show that six of the bullets are still in the remains. Ash is seeing if she can work out what they are just from the x-rays." I explained.
"I need to see which entries were fatal. Anything more on Devon Marshall?" She questioned.
"We're still working on the bone dimple on his neck."
"All right. Set up a tray so we can start extracting bullets." She told making me give a nod.

I soon walked into my lab to see Ash took over the free examination table and I gave a worried look towards her. I walked over and took the hoodie I wore on the way to work and began to ball it up as much as I could before gently putting it under her head without waking her up. I then took the lab coat that belonged to her and put it over her like it was a blanket making her ball up more in her sleep. I looked towards the work she was doing to see she had really narrowed it down to what the bullets might be.
'I wish I knew what her nightmares were about. It's draining her slowly.'