Small request.

(Angie p.o.v)

I was outside in the garden hospital with Amy. We decided to sit on one of the benches and look at artwork together.
"Your work is awesome." She told as she looked through my work.
"Thanks."
"There's so much going on, you know? So much to feel. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do something like this." She told
"You will, just give it time."
"Well, I may not have a lot of that. Your paintings and your sculpture...they're alive, you know? It's like you're showing me how you felt when you painted them, what you've experienced." She told as she flipped through some more of my works. "I can't paint what I don't know."
"Amy, you've been through more than most people."
"You mean dying?" She stated as she shook her head. "It's not enough."
"I really think it's best for you to stay positive." I told.
"Keep doing things, you mean?"
"With your art? Yeah. Absolutely."
"What about guys?" She told making me smile.
"Ah. Well, that totally goes without saying. What's his name?"
"Aaron. His family just moved here from Maine."
"Is he cute?"
"He's so cute." She told smiling at the thought of him.
"Did you ask him out?"
"No. He asked me, but I don't know. I said no." She told surprising me.
"Why?" I asked only to be met by silence from her.
'Reminds me of when Shotgun as Ash out for the first time and she just did finger guns and said pew.'
"Look, you haven't asked my advice so I'm just gonna give it to you, ok?" I told making her nod. "Just have fun. You know, every once in awhile, you...you might meet somebody who's worth it."
"What if he's not?" She asked.
"Then you've got something else to paint about." I told making her smile before we fell into silence.
After a few minutes I saw Ash playing tag with a few of the younger kids that were stuck in the hospital for who knows what making me smile as I saw her laughing and being her usual self.
'Even in the times of darkness, there is light.'
"I've seen her around a few times.... She always looks so sad." Amy told.
"I'm glad she's looking happy now."
"I am as well. She seems to be someone interesting to draw."
"We can ask her."
"I don't want to disturb her."
"Too shy?"
"A bit."
"I'll go ask for you. If you want that is."
"Thank you." She told.
I got up and walked over to Ash calling to her. She looked around quickly before seeing me and gave a wave.
"Ash! How you feeling?"
"I'm entertaining gremlins. So better then I felt earlier but I know it's not gonna last long. What's up?"
"Amy would like to draw you."
"Like now?"
"When your free next."
"Yeah I'm down."
"Could I also ask for a small favour? I know your busy at the moment...." I began only for her to cut me off.
"I'm not busy.... Well I am but I'm able to talk. Why what's the favour?"
"So, Amy Cullen the girl I was telling you about. She's amazing at art, reminds me a bit of when you and Peter first started."
"I'll pop in and say hi when I can. It'll be amazing to see it."
"She spoke about how she enjoys Rousseau."
"Know all about him. I blame my brother being hyper fixated on the dude." Ash told before a few kids used her as an obstacle for the game they were playing.
"Speaking of your brother.... Do you think we can have Peter come down and meet her? She said she also enjoyed his art."
"Of course. Peter would love to meet her. Also will give him an excuse to check up on me, like how everyone wants to." She told making me smile.
"Thank you Ash."
"I'd do it for anyone on the team. Besides, the little things help distract me.... Even if it for a few seconds." She admitted.
"I know sweetie."
"You should get back to her. I can tell she's nervous." She told before waving towards her a bit and she waved back.
"I'll check up on you later ok."
"Ok." She told before turning back to the kids and they all tackled her. "You can't defeat me so easily."
I gave a chuckle as she acted like the big bad for them all causing them to laugh and smile as I began to walk back to Amy. As I got closer I gave her the thumbs up making her get giddy in her seat.
'I wish I could help them both more. But I don't know how.'

(Zack p.o.v)

We were working away on the platform when Booth walked up and joined us all.
"Bureau's canvassed every hospital in the area. Four have been using BioTech bone grafts." He told before Dr. Brennan hung up the phone she was on.
"And three recipients from those hospitals have lunch cancer." She told before Hodgin spoke up on another one.
"Here's another one. And this one died of lung cancer three months ago. I'm checking on a burial site." He told.
"That makes 13, including Amy and the DeMarco woman." Angela stated.
"Probably all from the same donor." I added.
"We're still waiting on Bethesda Naval Hospital." Dr. Brennan told Booth before he pointed to a screen.
"Can you ID these people?" He asked.
"Got names and addresses on all of them." I told before showing all the faces appear on the computer screen and each of their locations.
"I've already contacted Washington General to set up a biopsy testing facility." Dr. Brennan told making Booth exhale loudly as he looked at the screen.
"Man. How did one dead guy do so much damage?" He asked making Dr. Brennan pull her figured out look.
"That's a good idea."
"What idea?" He asked.
"Identify the donor and we might be able to find out how BioTech got his bones." She told before Hodgins hung up the phone he was on.
"Got it. Second decedent's name is Ronald Lupo. I found him at a cemetery in Lynchburg." He told.
"Virginia?" Booth asked.
"Yeah. Why?"
"Cause it means that this fraud just crossed state lines and became a legitimate case for the FBI. Looks like I don't have to use my sick days anymore, huh?" He told before grabbing his phone to make a call.