Its like lego.... but dangerous.

I was working on the bomb slowly since I didn't want Homeland security questioning this when Zack came up and set up on the same body table.
"What you doing?" I asked as I kept working on it.
"I'm doing my first cranial reconstruction." He told as he smiled.
"Congrats. Also it's adorable how excited you are about it."
"In the lecture I studied at before coming here we only talked about it since my teacher couldn't get permission to break multiple fake skulls for us to put together."
"I would have done it anyway."
"She loved teaching for the year she did it."
"I love learning about your school days Zack."
"Yet we never learn yours." Jack told as he came and placed more things that I needed down next to me.
"Not much to learn. There was a dick there that also went to the academy, who caused the leg incident. Also Mike..... not much to learn from my studies."
"Your a child prodigy." Zack stated.
"Somewhat."
"What do you mean somewhat? You are." Jack told as he chuckled.
"Yeah but not like the other child prodigy that was at my Uni. The dude was smart in book-smarts. Not smart for field related. The dude was the cause of my leg incident. Don't 100% blame him it did bounce off of a metal pole and I was just in the right place at the wrong time. I do blame him for not being able to aim properly."
"Your so weird Ash." Jack told as we bumped elbows.
"You know that's right." I told before going back to building.

"How's it coming?" Temperance asked Zack as she walked towards us.
"The Ethnoid and Sphenoid fragments won't piece together." Zack explained.
"What if there was something in the bones that made it impossible to do so." I explained making her look towards me.
"Ashley I would rather you focus on the apartment situation you already have then the problem Zack has. And Zach, I would like to return the remains to the widow before her demise." She told
'Great now they are gonna ask me.'
"I'm doing my best, Dr. Brennan. The integrity of the bone seems to be compromised. I don't know if it's the metal fragments from the blast..." Zack explained before Jack cut him off.
"I examined the chemicals used in the explosives. The perchlorates I found can have a degenerative effect."
"That can't be correct though?" I told as I turned in my chair to look towards him.
"Not this quickly. Excuse me." Temperance told before looking through the microscope. "Unusually soft bone tissue. You know, this has nothing to do with the blast. I owe you an apology Zach. Do you have his medicals? Stiff joints, facial disfigurement. There's a disorganized Trabecula pattern here that his doctors wouldn't have been able to see. Could have been a degenerative disease."
"That seems more correct." I stated.
"I don't get it. How does his medical condition figure into the murder?" Jack asked
"Now it's a murder. Before it was terrorism because we didn't have all the facts. You don't overlook anything when you're looking for the truth." She told before focusing on me and Jack. "Check for Lupus and Pagets. Do you have enough tissue?"
"Yeah, I can manage it." Jack told
"And I don't have long left on reconstruction." I told before looking towards my bomb. "Maybe. Jack can get a head start."
"If those come back negative, he might have been exposed to a toxin which would mean his brother was too. He's exhibiting similar symptoms. I'll get the brother's medicals." She told before rushing off.
Jack sat down and let out a sigh before speaking.
"I graduated top of my class, Rhode Scholar, youngest member inducted into the Academy of Physical Sciences but she still makes me feel like a cretin." He told making me chuckle.
"She apologized to me." Zack told making me smile.
"Yes she did."
"So what was the comment she made about your apartment situation?"
"Oh just something she asked me about." I told as I waved it off as I went back to working on reconstruction.
"Was it because you called her Dr.B twice?" Zack asked as he kept rebuilding the skull.
"Yeah."
"Wait!" Jack exclaimed making us look towards him. "Did Victoria do something to Oak?"
"Oak is fine. She got out of her enclosure and room and found a warm spot in the lounge."
"I thought you made sure she couldn't get out of the room?" Zack asked
"Yeah well Victoria needed flour for the baking she was doing. And at the exact moment she's in my place Oak gets out of the room. Seriously everything is fine at my place." I told
"I mean, you always know we are here to help you." Jack told
"Yeah I know." I told before we bumped elbows.
'I feel like Angela will find out soon.'