Sorry.

(Ash p.o.v)

I walked into my lab that I shared, when I saw Zack pacing as some flowers were on the desk.
'I swear to god, he better not be giving them to Naomi. She is still a bitch.'
"You good dude?" I asked causing Zack to jump and turn to me.
"Ash. You scared me." He admitted.
"Well you are in mine and Jacks lab. Shouldn't have scared you that much." I stated.
"Uh here." He told grabbing the flowers and handing them to me, and I noticed they were centaurea's.
"I'm very confused."
"Well, Angela said your favourite flower was a sunflower. So I went to get you some but they were out. To which I then decided to get you centaurea's since they reminded me of your blue eyes."
"Ok..... why?"
"I'm sorry. I was just upset and I took it out on you and I shouldn't have. Your one of the most important people in my life, I don't want to lose you."
"Zack," I began before putting the flowers down on the table next to us. "Why would you think you'd lose me?"
"Because of Shawn."
"The same Shawn who is always jumping from job to job? The same Shawn who I talk all about you to him? The same Shawn who asked me to come with him to Santa Barbara but I said no because of you and the bone team?" I questioned.
"I didn't know all that." He told making me chuckle.
"Zack. The only way I am ever leaving here and you, is if I get fired. Which I don't see happening. But you don't have to be scared of losing me as your friend, to people I have known since I was a kid. If anything, they should be worried about losing me to you." I told making him smile. "We good now though?"
"We good." He told making me smile before kissing his cheek and giving him a hug.
"Also. Thank you for the flowers. Centaurea's are actually my all time favourite so you picked right." I admitted as he wrapped his arms around me.
"I'm glad I picked them as well."
As we hug I thought about my pocket knife.
"Zack...."
"Yeah?"
"The marks.... They might be from a pocket knife." I told making him pull back slightly.
"It just might be. We should test it." He told making me grab the one from my boot. "That should work."
I grabbed his face a gave his nose a kiss before smiling towards him.
"Let get to work Bone boy!"

Once we got things worked out, we joined up with Jack on the other desk who joined sometime when we weren't paying attention. We called Temperance to update her and Jack continued to look through microscope.
"Brennan."
"Fasciola hepatica, it's a parasite found in beef liver. I found their eggs in the dog excrement." Jack told before I continued it.
"The dogs were strays that were starving so someone must have lured them to the scene with liver scraps because there was no evidence of any liver found at the scene."
"So if we find any traces of liver parasite we can tie them to the dogs."
"It's possible." The two of told before Zack told his own facts.
"I also found that the cut marks on her bones showed that the pocket knife had a knick in the blade."
"Okay, thanks." She told before hanging up.
"Well that was something.... I'm hungry again. Anyone wanna join?"
"I'm down." They both told.
"Let's go!"
'Glad if got Zack back to not treating me coldly. I understand though. Me, Shawn and Gus were all like that when we were younger.'