Definitely gonna frame this.

While we were driving there Seeley broke the silence.
"So you were a private investigator before this?" He asked
"Yep. Finally figured it out."
"Helped that someone asked."
"What was the whole signing things and questions about a movie?" Temperance asked
"Yeah I wanna know about that as well." Seeley told
"Let's just say my older siblings are famous and because of that I've been dragged into it."
"Wait you have siblings?" Seeley asked
"She has two older brothers, an older sister, and a younger brother and sister." Temperance told
"I thought you said you guys only knew who her cousin was?"
"He still has to work that out." I told
"Angela told me about her siblings since she once turned the radio off and took it with her when one of them were talking."
"Only Temperance knows. I don't want the team knowing and I just said it was a loud day for me and the radio wasn't helping. Can we please keep what happened back there on the down low and act like it never happened?" I asked
"Yeah we can do that." Seeley told
"I haven't told anyone before, so I will continue to not tell anyone." Temperance added.
"Thank you."
'This is a nightmare.'

We finally arrived at the field and I instantly saw Zack. I walked over and gave his arm a tap making him look at me.
"Why'd you stop texting me?"
"Goodman sent me a message saying I had to stop."
"Boo! It was boring." I told as I moved my hair out of my face so I could tie it up.
"Your hand is covered with pen smudge." He pointed out.
"Yeah I needed to write some stuff while we were there."
"Understandable."
Soon we were joined with Seeley, Temperance and a police officer.
"Anonymous call came in a couple hours ago. No sign of him yet." The police officer told
"How do you know it wasn't a prank?" Seeley asked making the officer start a recording of the call that was made.
"You have to come right away! There's, like, a dead kid here, all rotted away! It's in the field behind Clayton Hills Mall. You better come!" The girl told before she hung up.
"Well, that rings true."
"Why anonymous?" Temperance asked
"Kids come here to party, misbehave." The officer told
"Stuff like drugs or underage drinking. Give them a name then they can look you up and then you get arrested. Anonymous keeps that from happening."
"Adolescents and preadolescents tend to seek out their own space to establish their own society, to counter parental influence." She told
"Or you have me who was shot in the shoulder and the leg."
"Same situation?" Seeley asked
"No two different situations."
"You mind if I make an observation?" The officer asked
"No, of course not." She told
"In your book, the cops come off as very one-dimensional. Why is that?"
"You mean two-dimensional."
"One-dimensionality exists only in theory as a mathematical value." Zack added
"Also most officers and feds are two-dimensional, so it's perfect anyway." I told before Seeley gave Zack a look making him cover my mouth since Angie wasn't here.
"Okay. Really looking forward to your next book." He told before leaving.
I pulled Zacks hand off my mouth and gave an annoyed look.
"Was that necessary?"
"You need to know when to not say that stuff in front of the officers."
"Oh does the lil fed not like when I disrespect the higher ups since they are mostly filled with corrupted people or cover ups. Or someone who can't even aim a gun properly that the bullet hits a pole and then goes into someone's leg but they still allow him to be a fed." I told
"She has a strong hate for someone." Zack told before Temperance brought us back to the case.
"Did you bring the thermal imager?"
"I don't think we need it." He told making me five him a confused look and Temperance give him a look as well. "It makes me look like the Great Gazoo."
"I don't know what that means, but we definitely need it, Zack." She told making him sigh and walk off.
'This is gonna be something I will never forget.'

When Zack returned he was wearing the thermal imager, which looked like a large yellow and orange helmet over his head making me bite my lip to hold my laughter back.
"Ash I can tell your trying not to laugh." He told
"No. I'm not gonna laugh. You look really cute actually. You should wear it more often." I told as I nearly broke a few times.
"How's it going there, Darth? See anything on Saturn?" Seeley asked making Temperance give him a look. "Oh, please tell me you've seen at least one Star Wars movie."
"When I was seven, and leave Zack alone." She told
"Ashley makes jokes about him."
"I have permission. Also I more see back to the future vibes with this." I told before taking a picture of him. "Definitely gonna frame that photo."
"Really?"
"Oh don't worry my little bone boy. No one will ever see it but me and you and of course Jack since it's gonna go in my bug room."
"Can we please hurry up? It's stuffy in here." He asked making us begin our search for the boy.
As we walked I stuck with Zack since if he found something I could check it right away.
"I should be able to see any heat residue released from decomposing bodies." He told
"Cool. I mean not cool that there's a dead kid but cool with the heat thing.... I'm not making a good case here am I?"
"No I understood it."
"Think only you could bone boy."
"I need to figure out something to call you when you call me that." He told making me smile.
"That you do."
We soon came upon a small area that obviously used to be a fire with some crates and various garbage.
"This is why we have trash in the ocean and with birds. Because people do this shit." I quietly told Zack making him give me a thumbs up to show he agreed.
"Party central." Seeley told
"Because suburbs are so homogeneous, adolescents tend to rebel in predictable and uniform ways. Fire, illicit substances, wayward behavior." Temperance told
"They could at least clean up after themselves." I exclaimed.
"Do you think that wayward behavior would include abducting a six-year-old child?" Seeley asked
"It's pretty extreme. Adolescents are more likely to drink alcohol and listen to culturally inappropriate music at high volume." She told
"I'm picking something up." Zack told as we walked through the grass till he stopped.
"Ash...." he began making me take the imager off his head and onto mine, for me to see a patch of yellow signalling that there was heat there.
I took it back off and gave him a nod.
"Yeah it's.... it's the kid."
"Oh my God."
"What? Why'd you stop?" Seeley asked as him and Temperance came over.
"You can turn on your flashlight. Aim it over there." Zack told as I handed him the helmet.
Once Seeley pulled back some of the high grass and we shined a flashlight onto it, we saw it was the mostly decomposed body of a young child.
'Why oh why did it have to be a child?'