I put a spell on you! A Voodoo spell!

(Ash p.o.v)

We were all in Angies office with Zack and Jack mostly talking to Temperance.
"Brennan."
"John Doe 361 is named Rene Mouton." Zack told.
"How can you be sure?"
"I looked for something that wasn't there, which turned out to be a shunt channel." He explained.
"Good work."
"You understood that?" Angie questioned.
"All Zack had to do was cross-check with DMORT."
"I only thought of it because of Hodgins."
"And Jack was being upset over the use of the word dirt." I added.
"I can discern particulates on the X-ray, but I have no way of telling what they are." Jack told ignoring the comment I made about him.
"Some kind of dirt?" Doc asked making me smile since it made Jack mad again.
"Okay, everybody, the word 'dirt' means nothing here in the lab scientifically." He told.
'My lord.'
"Any progress on the design that was pressed into the pelvic bone?"
"I've tried three different computer programs. I fed in the information into multiple impact scenarios, but this isn't gonna work on X-rays. I need the actual remains." Angie explained.
"Booth and I are looking for them as hard as we can."
"Or, better still, you can forget the whole thing and come home." Angie told
"Don't worry. I made bail." Temperance told shocking us all
"Bail?" Me and Zack asked as one.
"Bail? For what?" Angie questioned.
"I told you. Don't worry. The...the murder charge won't stick." She told
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Murder charge?" Jack asked
"Doc, don't say nothin, and claim voodoo. Even if you don't believe it the jury there will. It's the advice I got from Christopher when growing up due to him being from New Orleans." I told as Angie rose from her seat.
"Brennan, the next plane. Okay? The next plane or I'm coming down there to get you myself."
"Everything's fine. I'm healing up satisfactorily. Bye for now." She told before hanging up.
"At least she said buy this time."
"Healing up?" Jack questioned before Angie sighed before turning her attention to us.
"You know what? This whole state of affairs where Brennan just runs around fighting crime? It's stupid. It's nuts. Don't you agree?" She asked.
We didn't say anything but stare at her, while Zack also sucked his lips in before shaking his head no.
"I can't say anything. I was a P.I, you know how dangerous it would get for me." I told making her look at me and Zack.
"Go, go. I'll be...fine." She told making Zack quickly leave and I gave her a hug.
"She'll be fine Angie. She's got you." I told making her nod before I went to join up with Zack wherever the hell he went.

Once Temperance and Seeley returned back home after solving the case, we all began to chill around with me and Zack taking over the couch due to me spreading my legs out and resting my head on his lap.
"Benoit used Hurricane Katrina as a diversion to take the soul of a voodoo priest." Doc explained.
"And he killed his own daughter." Angie added.
"Dark sorcerers suck, man." Jack told as I nodded.
"Oh, but, you know, he intended to bring her back to life." Seeley stated.
"Cool motive. Still murder." I told before Zack spoke up.
"There's not really any such thing as spells and magic."
"What are you talking about? He put a forgetting hex on Dr. Brennan." Jack told.
"But it wasn't the spell that made me forget. It was the drugs. Rohypnol."
"Blood test didn't find any." Seeley told.
"Gamma hydroxybutyrate?"
"Not a trace."
"Sodium pentothal?"
"Nope."
"Severe emotional trauma." She told but no one believed her with that being an option.
"Honey, even I think you're too strong-minded for that." Angie told.
"There were too many delays in doing my blood test. That, plus the adrenaline of my escape. The drugs were out of my system." She argued causing me and Jack to chuckle.
"They put the voodoo on you, baby." Jack told making Seeley cross his arms in some kind of voodoo sign and hissed making me give him a you serious look. "I didn't really mean to call you 'baby'."
"There's nothing wrong admitting if you were hexed into forgetting. Hell I believe in Voodoo due to my upbringing." I told
"You guys, stop, now. I mean it." Temperance told
"Do you believe in voodoo? Because even if a small part of you believes in it, then it has a grip." Zack stated.
"I do not believe." She told making Seeley lean in a little.
"Maybe just a little?" He suggested.
"No."
"Good. Because, you know, if you have any doubts, we'll just have Benoit send you back one of those little satanic mojo pouches from prison." He told
"Booth, objects have no intrinsic power. A person's future does not depend on some...thing. Things are just things. They do not have magical meaning or powers." She told making him lean back in his chair with his head resting on his head listening, before he opened his hand and revealed he was holding an earring Ive seen Doc wear a few times. "Where'd you get that?"
"What does it matter? It's just a thing, right?" He told before giving it to her.
"My mothers' earring." She told as he got up and began to leave.
"No, uh, magical power over your future." He told smiling at her before he left the office.
"Does that prove something?" Angie asked as doc stated at the earring before she put together what must of happened.
"Yeah. It proves something." She told looking at the earring and smiling.
I noticed the time making me get up.
"I got a thing, so Imma head off as well." I told as I stretched my back quickly.
"What thing?" Zack and Jack asked.
"Wouldn't be a mystery if I told you now would it?" I told before quickly messing Zacks hair. "I'll be home later."

The music began to play and we couldn't help but smile through it.

(Ash, guitarist 1, guitarist 2, drummer, band, all)

"You remind me of the babe
(What babe?)
The babe with the power
(What power?)
The power of voodoo
(Who do?)
You do
(Do what?)
Remind me of the babe

I saw my baby, crying hard as babe could cry
What could I do?
My baby's love had gone
And left my baby blue
Nobody knew

What kind of magic spell to use
Slime and snails
Or puppy dog tails?
Thunder or lightning
Then baby said
Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
Put that baby's spell on me
Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)
Put that magic jump on me
Slap that baby, make him free!

I saw my baby, trying hard as babe could try
What could I do?
My baby's fun had gone
And left my baby blue
Nobody knew

What kind of magic spell to use
Slime and snails
Or puppy dogs tails
Thunder or lightning
Then baby said:

Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
Put that baby's spell on me
Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)
Put that magic jump on me
Slap that baby, make it free

Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
Put baby spell on me (ooh)

You remind me of the babe
(What babe?)
The babe with the power
(What power?)
The power of voodoo
(Who do?)
You do
(Do what?)
Remind me of the babe

Dance magic, dance, ooh ooh ooh
Dance magic

What kind of magic spell to use
Slime and snails
Or puppy dog tails
Thunder or lightning
Something frightening

Dance magic, dance
Dance magic, dance
Put that baby's spell on me
Jump magic, jump
Jump magic, jump
Put that magic jump on me
Slap that baby make him free
Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)
Jump magic, jump
Put that magic jump on me
Slap that slap that baby make him free
Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)"

'Was an interesting case this one was.'