Forever isnt always.

(Zack p.o.v)

I was walking with Dr. Goodman to talk about how him picking Hodgins side only for it to not really be working.
"If you expect to win arguments around here, you'll need at least one doctorate. Ashley will not always be around to back you up, and frankly time apart will do you both good so you can see just that." He explained.
"I am Dr, Brennan's grad student." I told.
"I'm aware."
"Once I get my doctorate, she will take on another grad student. My job here will go to that person." I stated.
"You have a first-rate mind, Mr. Addy. You can't assist Dr. Brennan forever, just like how Ashley can't be there to back you up every time you need to win an argument." He told.
"Ash doesn't always back me up."
"She backs you up more then you realise. Everyone can see the soft spot she has for you. Hell you are the only person she has a soft spot for that's not apart of her family. She won't always be around to help you."
"She doesn't plan on leaving the Jeffersonian." I argued back.
"That anyone knows. No one knows what goes on inside her head and no one certainly knows what the future holds. Remember the reason she was free to help before being hired. Ashley won't be here forever, as how you can't assist Dr. Brennan forever." He told making me become crushed at this information, causing me to turn and walk away from Goodman.
'She would tell me if she was leaving the Jeffersonian. There's no way I would let her do that alone.'

(Third p.o.v)

As Zack walked off looking crushed, Jack entered and Goodman walked over to stand next to him as they both watched the young not yet dr.
"I really hope this is necessary." He told his boss.
"He's comfortable here. He's enamored with Dr. Brennan as well as Dr. Ashley and he's stopped working on his thesis. It's necessary." Goodman stated.
"It's just...I like the guy." Jack admitted to the older man.
"So do I, which is why we must think of what's best for him. It's time for Mr. Addy to grow up. Besides, I'd rather do this with Ashley not here. It will help them realise they won't always be there for one another."
"You really think Ash has that big of a soft spot for him?"
"Don't you?"
"I'm not saying she doesn't. He brings her coffee and she drinks it to not tell him she doesn't like coffee. Sometimes I think she loves him more then a friend."
"Who knows what Ashley thinks? Her mind is not exactly normal, shown by how she thinks and works."
"She's definitely going to kill us." Jack told
"I don't doubt she won't."
Of course Goodman could only think one think towards his unofficial daughter, and that was he knew what her true feelings for the young man she called her Bone boy was.... Wether she knew it or didn't.

(Ash p.o.v)

We were back in the desert with everyone to search for Dahni again, and we all looked around for any clue on where she went.
"So you say Dahni knows the desert pretty well?" Seeley asked.
"That's right." Ben told.
"If it were you here stranded, where would you go?" Doc asked making him point one way.
"Highway's about a five-day walk that way." He told before pointing another way. "Mexico's three days that way."
"Highway, Mexico, what else?" Me and Edith asked making him change direction again.
"And that way's two days to a ranch. She might find some stock water, but I wouldn't count on it. And the terrain is rougher." He told.
"So it all depends on how much water she had." Seeley told.
"Would see like it." I told as Edith wanted to borrow my umbrella and I gave it to her.
'She's gonna do the voodoo stuff dad taught her. Man learning all that was fun, he was a better father then Stanley ever was.'
"Is there any way to know?" Angie asked causing Ben to shake his head.
"All right, look. We'll all take a point off this compass, all right? Walk out in a straight line for 15 minutes, we look for tracks. Good?" Seeley asked causing them to separate but I was waiting for Edith to finish what she was doing.
After a few seconds she was done drawing on the desert ground, and passed the umbrella back to me.
"Got anythin' E?" I asked.
"If I'm correct..... that way." She told looking in the direction.
I followed her sight to see Angie was standing and watching something move past her. We walked over to and saw her eyes were now closed as she held a saddened look. Edith grabbed ahold of my hand and gave it a light squeeze to let me know she was there for me as I was for her.
'I'm not alone anymore. I don't have to be everyone's protector and can act my age for once.'
Temperance walked over to us and saw what we saw with Angie.
"You all right?" Doc asked making Angie open her eyes and point in the direction she was facing.
"Dahni went that way." She told making Doc be a little concerned.
"Okay." She told.
"Let's go find her Angela." I added.