Back at what I'm good at.

(Zack p.o.v)

Since Ash was watching footage to figure out anyone who entered and exited the Bone room as she calls it, I was with Hodgins and Dr. Brennan.

Hodgins was examining the only bone we had left under a microscope.
"The periosteal surface on the phalanx doesn't have any ingrained particulates that I can recover." He explained causing Dr. Brennan to join him as she grabbed a pair of gloves from the table so she could handle the bone if needed.
"The solution that the M.E. used probably dissolved anything that was lodged in any ... surface irregularities." She told causing me to tossed the file folder I had onto the exam table behind me.
"Who would clean a bone before extracting all available information from it?" I questioned causing Hodgins to look thoughtful at what I had asked.
"Not everyone is as thorough as we are, Zack." She told making me put my hands on my hips and nod a little.
"So true. So true."
"I wonder if there was gold dust on it." Hodgins told in what Ash would probably called adventure high.
"Perhaps you should start working with a parrot on your shoulder." Dr. Brennan told as she held a reproachful look toward him.
"You're not curious?" He asked as he still smiled at it.
"Yes. About the facts." She told slightly amused.
Hodgins ended up not replying back with anything, and instead walked away while Dr. Brennan began to study the bone up close.
"There's a small hole along the distal articular facet of the finger. Could be a foramen, but it could be something else, man-made." She explained making me think.
"A ... weapon?" I asked.
"Maybe." She told before placing the bone back into the Petri dish. "See if you can find any possible matches."
She began to leave when I had a thought about the marks.
"I wonder if there are any other similar marks on Macy." I wondered out loud causing her to turn back around as she pulled her gloves off.
"I'll find out. And ..." she began before holding a warning finger towards me. "... don't let that bone out of your sight."
I gave a nod before she exited the room, and I looked a little worried about the kind of responsibility I now held in my hands.
'I wonder how Ash is going with her job.'

(Ash p.o.v)

I ended up needing to put my glasses on as I watched the footage due to my contacts becoming dry from the amount of time I was spending watching over the footage.
'I'm going no where with this.'
I took my glasses off and rubbed my eyes trying to think.
'When did my life get so out of hand? Maybe started when I got married that one time we were on a bar hoping spree in Vegas.... Man that was not a good idea. Should never bar hop in Vegas where Elvis can marry you..... gonna put new contacts in and then go to the bone room to think.'

I laid on the table with my eyes closed thinking over and replaying the footage in my head. Sometimes these moments were the best and worst part of my old job. Just replaying how the world would travel by as I tried to work out what happened to the thing I needed found. As I laid on the table a blurry figure appeared over me but for a split second before disappearing again. The most I got from the figure was that they had a white shirt on. I tried to see if I could pull any more features I may have hidden in my memory when someone spoke over me. I opened my eyes to see Angie and Goodman there, with them holding a slightly worried look mixed with confusion.
"What up?"
"Why are you on the table Ash?"
"How I work." I told before rolling off on one of the sides and landed on the ground in a push up stance.
I quickly jumped up and dusted my hands on my pants as I went to stand where the blurry figure had appeared in my visual. I closed my eyes and began to hum the one song I couldn't help but use when I needed to work on solving something, which was in fact the Duck tails theme songs
'Life is like a hurricane here in Duck - burg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes it's a, duck - blur!
Might solve a mystery, or rewrite hist'ry!
Duck Tales! whooh ooh
Every day they're out there making
Duck Tales! whooh ooh
Tales of daring do bad and good luck tales! whooh ooh'
As I hummed the tune I began dance and made my way through the building with the trail I believed the culprit took. Of course Angie and Goodman followed due to them holding there own small investigation. I zoned them out as they talked but I knew they were having people ignore what I was doing.
'Duck Tales! oo woo oo
Every day they're out there making
Duck Tales! oo woo oo
Tales of daring do bad and good luck tales! oo woo oo

D - D - D - Danger! Watch behind you!
There's a stranger, out to find you!
What to do? Just grab on to some
Duck Tales! oo woo oo
Every day they're out there making....'
I soon came to a sudden stop, making me open my eyes to see it was in fact the security room where all the guards worked in. Angie and Goodman joined up next to me and I could Goodman had come to the same conclusion I had come to.
"Hit your stopwatch, please, Miss Montenegro." He told making her do so and look at the time they had gotten.
"Thirty-five point six seconds." She told.
"Double that for a round trip. That's one minute, ten seconds, leaving approximately thirty seconds to bag the bones and get back." He stated.
"I can do us one better and get the culprit." I added but it seemed Angela still hadn't worked it out yet.
"Get back where?" She asked
Both me and Goodman glanced over at where we had directly stopped at, which helped her finally realise.
"Ohhhh." She told once she did and smiled impressed before her smile fell a bit. "Huh....Wow, you must think I'm an idiot."
He gently took her by the elbow and moved her away from the security station with me following a bit before going to get the person.
"I was grandstanding. I can be like that." He told before giving me the nod and I turned around.
I stormed into the room, pushing the doors opened causing them to all look at me. I ignored them all and looked around the room till I found what I needed and made my way over to him.
'Perfect.'

"Shooter! Doc! I think I'm your favourite person!" I told as I stood in front of the platform next to a very special gift hidden under a covering as they walked in.
"Is it my bones?" Doc ask as the two rushed over.
"Nope! But it will help find the bones." I told smiling before taking the covering off and spun the chair around me, before letting it go so the guard tied to the chair rolled towards the two. "May I introduce you to Eric Hughes, one of the securities guards here at the Jeffersonian. He's also the dude that stole those bones."
'Forgot how fun it was finding things. Kinda makes me rethink the whole working at the Jeffersonian thing.'

We were in Seeleys office and I sat across from him spinning one of my knifes in front of him to scare him, as Seeley and Doc was on one side of the man and Goodman on the other.
'Now this reminds me of my hunting days.'
"I didn't see the harm." He told looking up at Goodman.
"In stealing human remains?" Doc questioned coming up from behinds
"After three hundred years, it's not like he's got a family grieving for him out there." He stated making Goodman more mad as his hands were on his hands.
"Think of me as a grieving parent." He told the man.
"Grand theft, buddy. You're lookin' at eight years." Seeley told as he casually leaned against the bookcase he had in his office.
"If I don't kill you." Goodman added.
"And trust me Eric. I know ways to make your death long and slow, and most certainly painful." I told as I held no emotions on my face causing him to pale more at the thought of what I could do.
"Come on! What's a bunch of old bones like that worth? Nothing." He told upset about it all.
"How much you get for 'em?" Seeley asked.
"Couple a hundred bucks." He told.
"Seems like they worth something Eric." I told as Goodman sticked his hands into his pockets and held a look of annoyance on his face at the news, as well as glare and loom over the scared shitless guard.
"Yeah. So this, uh ..." Seeley asked as he cleared his throat and set the piece of paper in front of Hughes. "... wire transfer into your bank for ten grand ... was that - inheritance?"
At the mention of that he now looked more concerned over the amount of trouble he was in.
"Who did you steal them for?" Doc asked.
"We didn't really do the name exchange thing." He muttered as a response.
"Somebody approached you?" Seeley asked making him nod.
"Yeah."
Seeley laid down three photos for Eric to examine. Them being Macy, Hardewicke and Rose.
"Let's see. Okay, which one was it?" Seeley told making Eric look at the photos.
"Well, which time?" He asked making Doc's eyes widen at that news, and glacé over at Goodman who just rolled his eyes.
"The first time." Seeley told getting irritated at the lack of answers we were getting.
"Him." He told pointing to the close up photo of Macy's corpse on the creepy dudes morgue table. "But ...he looked better."
'Dumb fuck!'
"And the second time?" Goodman asked
Um ... him." He told pointing towards Hardewicke, before looking up at Goodman nervously. "Oh, look, guys - I'm cooperating. All right, I will give back the money. I will quit my job."
"Really now?" I asked as Goodman looked like he didn't know to just fire him or have Seeley arrest him here and now.
"All right, how's about we just call it even?"
"How's about we call the D.A.?" Seeley sarcastically before pointing towards Goodman. "You know, you need a better screening process down at the museum."
"Ironic, given we contract that out to the F.B.I." Goodman stated causing me to chuckle as Seeley just nodded, seeing the ridiculousness of the whole situation he just put himself in by saying that.
'It's kinda weird being back in how I worked as a PI.... But also made me realise how much I stopped thinking about it when I got offered the job.... What made me stop?'