We learnin history.

(Zack p.o.v)

I was on the platform with Dr. Brennan, Hodgins, Dr. Goodman and of course Ash, who was just spinning around in a chair to help her think.
'Reminds me somewhat of the first case we work with in 2004.'
"This is a very old skeleton." Dr. Brennan confessed over the bones her and Booth had found in the tunnels.
"Male, mid-30s." I added.
"There's no clothing because it simply rotted away." She added.
"Buttons. Bone for the shirt, pewter for the pants." Hodgins told.
"Brass eyelets for the boots. Belt buckle also pewter. This is a half-inch button from the Union Army Corps of Engineers." Goodman explained making me speak up.
"By Union Army you mean..." I began
"Civil War." He finished making me nod.
"Oh I love civil war thangs. They made their uniforms out of cotton, and as they were used in the war they began to turn a brownish colour. Which then inspired the nickname Butternuts for the Confederate soldiers." Ash explained
"Why do you know that?" I questioned.
"I like the civil war, as well at the civil rights movement, it's good to learn about my ancestors history. Me and Goodman are actually apart of the same civil war group."
"Ashley is correct. We both are apart of the same Civil war group, and often show the other our finds in the matter."
"That plus the fact that Hodgins found diamond dust on this skeleton, too? I think Marni Hunter was killed in a Civil War era tunnel." Dr. Brennan told making us focus on the bones again.
"These pellets are commonly known as bird shot. Pellet size 12, 0.73 inches in diameter, made of lead." Both Hodgins and Ash told as one making them bump elbows.
"Also Civil War vintage. The spread pattern suggests not a shotgun, but a muzzle-loaded pistol like a LeMat. If you don't mind some conjecture." Goodman told making Dr. Brennan nod towards him.
"You're the boss."
"This fellow knew something of value was being stored." Goodman stated,
"Came down with an accomplice. I apologize. I've been hanging around Booth way too much." Hodgins stated.
"Betrayal." Ash joked.
"It's a valid hypothesis. No doubt one of many." Dr. Brennan stated.
"They argued. One killed the other for the treasure. Doesn't that mean the vault will be empty when we find it? Oh, my God, they got me, too." I told.
"I've lost my Bone Boy to the government coverups." Ash cried making me offer a hand to her, causing her to start playing with it.
'I enjoy being one of the only people Ash allows to do this. Makes me care so much more for her, knowing she trusts me enough to be fine with physical contact.'
"If the vault had been looted years ago, the artifacts would have surfaced, been sold off. It must have still been down there. I'll pull all the city plans from the mid-19th century to the present. We have to save what we can. Is there any way to discover who these bastards are?" Goodman told.
"Bossman gotten serious."
"Zack, take a cast of Marni Hunter's skull. See if we can be specific about the murder weapon. And Ashley, we will need your skills in locating the vault." Dr. Brennan told.
"Sure. Just tell me when."
"I definitely will be."
'I wish Ash wasn't always dragged out of the lab. It gets boring when she's gone out into the field.'