Sneaky bastard.

We were sitting in the lounge area that we have, drinking alcohol out of beakers. Well mine was just water since I most likely would have to drive them home in case they got too drunk again, as Temperance told us what had happened.
"They won't even arrest him?" Zack questioned.
"Don't worry, if that's the hammer used on Cleo Eller, he'll get arrested. A toast to getting this bastard." Jack told making me shake my head towards him.
"The hammer's not enough." Temperance told
"She's right. They need weapon, location and more physical evidence that she was even there. With only the hammer that he can claim that it was planted and without evidence proving otherwise the dick gets away with it." I explained.
"And maybe Booth is right, maybe outside the lab I'm useless." Temperance told
"You know what. Fuck the agent for thinking that."
"Ash out of all of us your the one here who is more equip with going out to the field." Angela told
"That's cause I went to the academy and was a PI." I told before Jack held up Oliver's book.
"Let's take guidance from the lives of the Saints." He told
"Albertus Magnus, Patron Saint of Scientists." Angela read once she got the book from him.
"I thought Magnus was the Patron Saint of fish mongers?" Zack asked
"No they are two separate entities. Albertus Magnus was a 13th century philosopher." I told
"While the fish monger saint was a...." Jack began only to be cut off.
"Fish!" Temperance exclaimed making us all look towards her. "You said that diatomaceous earth could be used as a filtering agent."
"Yeah, for swimming pools, water filters..." he told only to be cut off again.
"Or tropical fish. Oliver Laurier said that Ken Thompson kept fish." She told before jumping up and began to rush away.
"What's your hurry?" Angela asked
"Thompson read the warrant, he knows we're looking for diatomaceous earth. Get in touch with Booth, tell him where I'm going, okay?" She told before completely leaving us.
"She didn't actually say where she was going, did she?" Angela asked
"I know where she is going." I told as I stood up and went after her.
"Where are you going as well?!" Jack exclaimed.
"To Thompson's house! Temperance had alcohol, doesn't have a gun license, while I haven't had any and have a license. I'm also better equipped for this!" I exclaimed.
"How are we going to get home?!" Zack questioned.
"Sober up or wait for me to get back!" I told before leaving the building after her.
'This is fun.'

I followed after Temperance as she rushes towards his house and we both see him spreading gasoline all over the floor.
'Great. He is using fire.'
"Stop! You can't destroy evidence." She exclaimed as she went to reach for a planter but I stopped her.
"That creates more of a mess."
"We need to stop him."
"I know that honey bee." I told before placing my foot on the door and pushed on it till it flew open. "See. Less mess."
We rushed in and I grabbed my gun making sure Temperance wasn't in a position where she would get hit.
"This is a private residence, I don't suppose you have a warrant?" Thompson told
"I'm working with the FBI, if I have reasonable suspicion of a crime being committed, I don't need a warrant."
"It's true."
"What crime?" He asked
"Destruction of evidence pertinent to a Federal investigation." She explained as I held my hun towards him.
"I'm just cleaning up. Is that alcohol I smell on your breath?"
"See I don't have alcohol on my breath so sucks for you. And we could arrest you on account of attempted insurance fraud and then discover that this is where Cleo was killed." I told
"This linoleum looks fairly new, what's underneath, cement? The same cement that was embedded in Cleo's skull when you bashed her head in." Temperance told.
"You might want to get out of here."
"If you move to burn this place down I will shoot." I told
"I can't let you destroy evidence." She told
"How are you going to stop me?"
"I'll stop you." She told making him laugh.
"Not before I burn this place down with you in it." He told
I pulled the trigger at the same time as Temperance pulled her gun out as we both shot him in the legs. She rushed over still holding the hun on him so he stays on the floor and doesn't try anything.
"I did warn ya." I told
"I don't get it, it wasn't jealousy, it wasn't passion, Cleo wouldn't get rid of your boss's baby and so you got rid of her. What kind of psychology is that? What kind of person are you?" She questioned
"The fucked up kind." I told before quickly turning to aim my gun towards who I suspected to be Oliver.
He quickly raised his hand into the air in a surrender position and froze to his spot.
"Don't try anything dude or I will shoot." I told
"Temperance. Are you alright?" He asked
"Oliver, I understand you're here out of a misguided concern for my safety but I apparently don't read people very well and you could be in some kind of psychotic collusion with Ken so I'm going to ask you to go over there and apply pressure to his wound until the police get here, you understand?"
"Okay. Okay. Did he kill Cleo?" He asked
"Yeah..." we both told.
"Okay. Well, I'm down with him bleeding to death."
"If he bleeds out its bad for Temperance." I told before Seeley arrived.
"She's right you know. That guy bleeds to death, Bones will go on trial for attempted murder. You don't want that, now, do you?" He asked as he pointed his hun towards him as well.
"I wouldn't want that." Oliver told as he shook his head.
"No. Besides, you know, uh, applying pressure, that can be very painful." I told making him lower his hands and heads over to Thompson to apply pressure making Thompson groan loudly.
"The evidence said he did it, but... I don't know why. No, it doesn't matter. You know what? Motive does not matter." Temperance told
"He did it to save his job." Seeley told as he made his way over to us.
"His job?" She asked
"Yeah. Scandal with the senator equals big mess." I told
"He'll lose the beltway fast track. It's that simple, it's..." he told as he gently pulled Temperances gun away. "It's a tough town."
"Yeah, it is a tough town." Temperance told as she let him take her gun as she let out a sigh.
"Yeah, you know, in the future, uh, maybe I should do the shooting." Seeley told
"Why? I'm a good shot." She stated making Seeley's eyebrows go down almost worried like.
He went to take my gun away only for me to slap his hand away.
"I have a license, I don't have grog on my breath and I gave warning." I told before flipping him off.
"How are you this prepared for the field?"
"Your dumb for not knowing or finding out." I stated

We were all at the graveyard for the funeral and we all stood in a line dressed in black. I had my arms linked with Angie since it made her feel better at funerals and I zoned out.
'One of these days I'm gonna see someone get punched and when that day comes I will be over the moon.'
"Lord, make me an instrument of Your Peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon." The reverend told making me role my eyes.
I felt a nudge from Angie making me shrug my shoulders towards her since she knew how I am with them. Been to enough you soon learn they are mostly the same with small differences. Temperance stepped forward and takes a rose with her so she can lay it on Cleo's coffin.
"Is the FBI gonna lay charges against Brennan?" Angie asked after the funeral.
"She only shot him in the leg... once." Jack told
"She didn't give him a warning. She just shot him, with alcohol on her breath." Seeley told
"It was her first shooting. You can't expect her to be perfect right out of the gate." Goodman told
"Ash also shot him." Jack told making me smack the the back of his head.
"She gave warning."
"She could have lied." Zack stated making me give Jack the look we get, so he smacked Zack in the head.
"She had the conversation recorded."
"I'm not dumb. I'm always prepared." I stated. "Like knowing to give people warnings."
"I still don't know how you know to do all this federal stuff." He stated.
"No one tell him. He's gotta learn himself." I told
"How much warning did you give people before you sniped them?" Zack asked making Seeley and Goodman look at him sourly before Seeley walked away.
"What you thinking Ash?" Angie asked.
"Why are they called Funerals when they are never fun?" I asked making Jack hold back a laugh.
'Love these guys.'