Chapter 53: When you are in love, your eyes often deceive you.

" Then I will arrange for a meeting when I get my next holiday. Mommy, where are you staying? Why don't you stay on the ship?"

" No. I will stay at our home. I am more comfortable there."

" Okay, then I will come and stay with you when I got my leave. Wow! I am so happy. I missed mom so much."

" Okay. That's enough! Go check on Zayn. Then I will send you to the military."

" Okay!" Nicole felt blessed with her mother by her side. She was happy as she went to check upon Zayn.

Inside the bedroom, as soon as she opened the door, Zayn also comes out of the bathroom while rubbing his head with the towel as drops of water were falling from his hair. He looked really handsome like this. Seeing this, a proverb comes into her mind. 

When you are in love, your eyes often deceive you.

She smiled. Zayn saw her smiling like a fool. He approached her and waved his hand in front of her eyes. Nicole finally realized how stupid she must have looked laughing to herself.

Nicole cleared her throat as she said," Ahem... Let's go quickly. Otherwise, we will be late. We didn't even have breakfast yet."

Zayn smiled at her as he said that he is coming in 5 minutes. After that, Zayn took his car keys and they all went into his car. Nicole and Violet sat in the backseat while Zayn drove the car. They stopped at a restaurant. They had toast bread, milk, and sandwiches. 

After that, they went towards Nicole's Military research centre to drop her off. Nicole and Violet talked about some random topics about the company and everything while Zayn also gave his opinion once in a while. 

Before long, they arrived at the centre. They got off the car. Nicole didn't leave her mother's arm even after they got off the car. After they were at the door, Nicole was still unwilling to leave her mother. She was meeting her mother after a really long time. For her, it was like she hasn't seen her mother for years.

She was always close to her mother. But after the death of her father, they had no one left in this world besides each other. Since that time, Nicole has also changed drastically. Before, whenever she loved someone, she would hide it and always appear too cold. Even her occupation was a cool job so she had all the more reason to appear cold. However, her coldness was misunderstood for her aloofness. 

But after her father was gone, she changed. She would never hide her feeling unless she had some valid reason. That's why she was also not ashamed or shy to confess her feelings for Zayn whenever she felt like it. If she felt jealous, she would be upfront and straightforward.

She wasn't just acting or forcing herself to change. She actually changed. And she truly loved her mother and felt sad that she could not spend much time with her. Her mother won't stay here for long and she could also not take time off for long.

Let alone a top psychiatrist, as a mother, how can Violet not understand her daughter. Violet called Nicole," Nicole." 

Nicole looked up. Even though she wasn't crying, it couldn't hide her feelings. Her eyes were looking lonely even though she hasn't separated from her yet. 

Violet smiled and said," Come here." She opened her arms, ready to hug her. Nicole, like a little child, runs into her mother's arms and hugged her tightly. Her fist clenched around Violet's clothes.

Violet also embraced her daughter. If it wasn't for Nicole, she could not have survived after her husband died. Nicole was everything to her. After all, there is nothing more important to a mother than her own child.

After some time, Nicole finally let go of Violet. She was awfully quiet right now. Whenever she was feeling upset, Nicole went quiet as if she couldn't talk. Violet saw this and smiled helplessly. She put her hands on Nicole's cheeks as she brought her face forward and kissed her on her forehead.

When Nicole was a child, whenever she got sad or upset, she would quiet down. Then Violet would always kiss her on the forehead. After that, Nicole would regain her spirits. 

Nicole was stunned. It had been so long since her mother kissed her on her forehead. Then violet rubbed her head as she said," It's okay. My Nicole is very strong, right?!" 

Nicole hugged violet tightly before finally letting her go. Then she hugged Zayn before disappearing inside the door. 

Of course, Violet also felt lonely seeing her daughter off but she was an expert at hiding her feelings. Finally, she turned to Zayn and said," Let's go. I would like to have a chat with you."

" Yes," Zayn replied. 

Maid Caffe...........

Violet and Zayn sat at a table upstairs with coffee in their hands. Violet took a sip and put down the cup. She looked up at Zayn seriously. Then she said.

" I talked with Nicole while you were bathing. She told me everything and of course, I wouldn't make her break up with you. She may seem strong but just to let you know. No matter how strong a person is, they are originally weak. It's just that the world forces them to be strong. She can be sad and cry but Nicole is the type who would change for better after being broken. If you ever hurt her, she won't be depressed or give up on everything. She would just get up stronger than ever. She would make you regret every single movement of your life. You will never ever be able to even touch a single hair of hers again."

" Yeah, I know that, Auntie. I promise I will never hurt her and I won't let her get hurt either." Zayn replied.

" I know your corporation very well. Though I don't like to socialize, it doesn't mean that I don't socialize. I have heard many rumours about you in which some may be true and some may be false. What matters is that because of your occupation, she should never get hurt. Even if she married the poorest man in the world, I don't care as long as she is happy and safe. You should understand what I mean, right?"