Chapter 12: Promise Me!

'What's going on? Did he say he wanted to be with me forever? What does that mean?' Nicole was stunned. Her eyes widened in disbelief. How can anyone start liking someone at one glance, she wondered. But is it same for her?

Nicole stared at him blankly. Zayn saw her looking like that and he smiled and continued.

'' You gave me the feeling of wanting to protect you and keep you with me forever and I have never felt like this for someone else before. So...

Zayn suddenly looked at her and smiled as he said,'' That's why  I think...I fell for you for the first time I saw you.''

Nicole was in disbelief. Her eyes were widened to their limit as he was just too blunt. 

'She also felt different about him but she wasn't sure. How can he be so sure when they just met a day ago? But... maybe she should try out. It was the first time she felt something like this about a man. But he is a stranger that she knew nothing about!'

Nicole looked at him seriously and said,'' We don't know anything about each other. I don't even know your name? How can we be together just like that? Who knows what kind of person you are?'' Though her words were slightly harsh, she was just speaking logically.

Zayn looked at her sincerely. '' I will tell you everything about me as we will get to know each other and then, you can decide if you still want to be with me.''

Nicole's eyes wavered. She stared at him as he also stared at her. Zayn saw her staring at him. He got up from his bed and grabbed his IV drip stand. 

Nicole was feeling complicated but when she saw him getting up, she asked,'' Where are you going?'' 

Zayn said,'' Let's go to the balcony. We will talk there.''

Zayn walked towards the balcony as she stared at him and sighed, then she followed him.

They reached the balcony. There was a coffee table with 2 chairs on the balcony so that patients can get fresh air. He pulled out a chair for Nicolo as she was looking at him. Zayn sat down as she sat and started speaking.

'' Let me introduce myself. I am Zayn Walker. I am a businessman in America. I own a corporation called 'ZAR corporation' I just moved back because of my own personal reasons. I have never been in a relationship before because I never liked anyone.''

'She remembered when he was sick, he pulled her and hugged her tightly as he said something like, 'Don't leave me alone. Bhai! Didi!' Something must have happened. Nicole thought.

'' I've said you before. I am Nicole Anthony. I am a military researcher and don't get a lot of time to roam outside. As I like water, I decided to live on the ship and travel in the boat in my short vacations. That's why you found the ship there as it was a military area.''

'' I see. Is there anything else you want to ask me?''

''No. Just...Why were people after your life?''

''It's nothing. Once you reached a certain level in the business industry, this is common.'' He didn't tell her they may be sent by the same people who caused their family's death in his previous life.

'' That's all. By the way, what about your family?''

'' Well...I have a brother. I will take you to meet him someday.''

''  Oh... I only have a mother though she doesn't live here most of the time.'' She remembered him calling sister in his dreams but he said only have a brother. Maybe she passed away or who knows what happened. It doesn't feel right to ask right now. It feels like she would reopen old wounds by doing that now.

'' Let's go out. I am alright so we will go back to your ship.''

'' The doctor said you have to stay until night.''

'' Then, let's go out after lunch. I will be careful so don't worry.''

Nicole thought about it then said,'' Okay.''

Nicole and Zayn went back into the room. Then, Zayn climbed on the bed and lay down. He saw Nicole sitting on the chair beside the bed and reading some books as he gazed at her.

After lunch, Zayn got discharged but he didn't have any clothes to wear as he was only wearing pants when he was brought to the hospital. The pants were also spoiled by his blood.

He was going to ask the hospital staff to buy a dress for him when Nicole handed him a bag. 'Casino Royale' was printed on its brand. Zayn looked at the brand and then smiled at Nicole as it was the same brand he brought clothes from in emergency cuz usually he had his clothes tailored. Then he got discharged and they both left the hospital.

Nicole opened the driver seat as she was going to sit down but Zayn suddenly held her back and said,'' I will drive.''

Nicole looked at his shoulder,'' Are you telling me that you will drive with that wound?'' She glared at him as she asked. 

Zayn went silent. 

'' Promise me that you won't be so reckless again. Do you know? The Doctor said you could lose your hand if you continued doing this!''

'You have to live on,'' Promise me!' Zain's eyes wavered as he remembered that voice. Then he gazed at her deeply and said,'' Okay.''

Nicole sat down in the driver seat as Zayn sat in the passenger seat.

As they were in the car, Zayn suddenly grabbed her hand. Nicolo was stunned as she looked at him with wide eyes. ''Why did you grab my hand?''

Zayn didn't say anything as he pulled her hand towards him and gently lifted her sleeves at the wrist. There was a small wound on her wrist. He asked,'' When did you get hurt?'' He noticed it while she was driving.

'' It's nothing. I got it from doing experiments. This often happens while experimenting.'' Nicole felt warm as she said. She wanted to withdraw her hand but Zayn didn't let her go  as she said,'' I-I am driving right now.''

Zayn didn't say anything as he blew on her wound. It looked like a fresh wound. She must have gotten it the day before. Then, he pulled her hand closer and kissed her on the wound. Nicole was shocked as she blushed a little and quickly withdrew her hand.

 After some time, Nicole suddenly asked Zayn in a serious manner,'' Doesn't it matter?''

''What?'' Zayn asked confusedly.

'' That I am from the military. As you know, I have very little time to spend with you.''

Zayn glanced at her seriously as he said,'' Yes, it bothers me...'' Nicolo was stunned as her eyes dimmed a little bit, but then she heard Zayn,'' I am worried...but as long as you like it, then I will support you. After all, you don't have to be on the battlefield so it's not too dangerous.''

Nicole looked up. Her eyes widened before they shined. She didn't say anything and looked ahead as a beautiful smile formed on her lips.

Nicolo was going to buy food on their way but Zayn said to buy groceries insisted as he will make dinner for them. She was doubtful at first as he was injured but brought it.

They finally arrived at the shore at 4:30 PM. After settling in the ship, Nicole started the ship. Its maximum systems were Automatic so she didn't have to worry much. 

Zayn washed up then he gets to the kitchen to make dinner. Nicolo took a bath and then come out to help Zayn as she knew how to cook some simple dishes.

They make dinner together. When it was over, it was nearly 6:PM. They set out the dishes on the dining table. It was a candlelight dinner. Zayn made steak with red wine over it as it was one of the most delicious dishes in the world. It was a beautiful sight.