Additional Chapter 170: Arthur Anthony 9.

" Are you alright?"

Arthur was stunned as he looked at Nicole. Nicole put her hand on his cheek and asked warmly. 

" You like her, right? I suspected from the first time. Now I am sure."

Arthur didn't say anything and just looked at her.

" You must have been shocked. But try to pick yourself up. If she already has someone, it just meant you weren't the one for her. Fate is such, my son. Don't be sad."

Arthur suddenly hugged her. 

" But... But Mom, I think it's too late. I don't think I will be able to let go. I... I love her."

Nicole's eyes flickered as she closed them. She really hoped that it wasn't the case. She didn't want her son to be a bachelor for life. He was obviously not taught to be a third party. So then, he means that he will love her even though he can't be with her. Love was such.

Nicole pulled back and kissed him on the forehead. Then she stared at him and said.

" I... I know it's hard but try to let go, Okay?! I don't want you to be sad."

" Mom... You and dad, our family, this is more than what I could ever ask for. I won't be greedy. With you all by my side, I will never be unhappy. I just think that this is the one thing I won't have but don't worry. I am happy that I at least got someone to love and protect. It's not necessary to have her." 

After saying that, Arthur started the car. Nicole gazed at him sadly then looked away. She felt bad but didn't know what to say. The situation was not in their favour. She wished he could let her go otherwise he will really stay alone all his life. 

..........................................................................

Later that night, Arthur couldn't sleep at all. He felt a strange emptiness in his heart and it hurt him but when he thought about Grace, he still felt happy. 

He got up early in the morning and went out for a jog to clear his mind. After coming back he took a bath and went to the hospital without breakfast. He thought being busy might help him.

When he got free after lunch, he sat down and thought. He wanted to hope that she doesn't have someone by her side but he was scared to look into that. 

When he got off work, Arthur went to the hospital and sat in his car. After a long time, it seems like he decided something and took a deep breath before getting out. He went to the receptionist. He was wearing simple black suit pants with a peach coloured t-shirt with embroidery.

As soon as the receptionist saw him, she obviously recognised him. It was undeniable to say that the royal family was more famous than any other celebrities in their country. However, no one was allowed to ask them for signatures or pics like they do with celebrities. No one was to approach them or surround them like celebrities. Even though Robin was a world-class celebrity, it was her record that she never signed and never took pics with fans. She was also impossible to call for singing. Unless and until she wants to, no one can make her sing. 

Though people stared at Arthur, nobody dared to approach him. 

" Prince Arthur!" The receptionist greeted. 

" Hello. I am Doctor Anthony. Give me the files of patient Eliza Allison."

In just five minutes, Arthur had the in-depth information of Eliza's condition. He went to his car and looked at it carefully.

' Leukaemia... ' He becomes serious after reading the situation. He heard that Grace would come to the hospital tomorrow. He took some time off and come. He saw that Eliza was being taken for treatment. It took 2 hours for her to come back. In the meanwhile, he saw how helpless, insecure, lonely Grace looked. 

He thought in his heart that if she has someone and he wasn't there at such a time, then he really deserved to die.

When they brought Eliza out, she was unconscious and very pale. Grace's eyes reddened and some tears fell despite her efforts. She didn't leave her side. Arthur that from lunch till dinner, she didn't eat anything and continuously looked after her daughter as if her body was a robot or something. Even robots need to be recharged. Seeing her like this, he remembered a quote from one of the novels he read.

" A mother is the strongest warrior in the world." 

' Really, it's true... ' His mother, his aunts and every mother he has in his family, he never doubted they could go to any lengths to save their children and do anything for their children. The same was with Grace.

After Grace left with Eliza, it was 10 PM. Arthur went back. After taking a bath, he lay down on a bed and thought about a lot of things. He realised that he seems to love Grace more than ever now. 

After a lot of hesitation, he finally got up and opened his iMac. Then he got started. It would be hard to keep eyes on his fingers as they moved so fast. After five minutes, the detailed information of Grace was on the computer.

Grace Allison, age 23, DOB: XXX, Status: Single, divorced. Children: Eliza Allison. Father: Mathew Allison. Mother: Jennie Luca. Address: XXXXXXXXXX.

This was the basic information. However, after hacking for five minutes, Arthur obviously did not just look into that. 

 Grace Allison married at the age of 19 and had a daughter when she was 20. Soon after having the daughter, she divorced her husband and won the custody of her child. Her husband's name is XXXX and they divorced because he was cheating on her. He loved her but failed to be loyal to her. She left her home because her parents were against her relationship with her husband. Her father is a neurosurgeon and her mother is an anchor at XXX. They are well off. She recently found out about her daughter's illness and therefore quit her job to take care of her daughter.

After reading this, Arthur was very angry and sad. He now understood why Grace was like that. From the first time he saw her, he knew she wasn't what she looked. Her personality must be very different from how it is now. Her real self, she lost it. He was so angry that someone so worthless made her lose herself. And he hated that person. How can someone let such a beautiful go? She practically lacked nothing. 

He was sad for her. For what she had to go through. He was sad he didn't even know how she actually was.