Chapter 64: A Sister is Like a Mother.

After some time, Nicole said," You come to pick me up. I will surprise my mother. We will also meet that way."

" I was going to pick you up either way!" Zayn said.

" Okay... Now, I have to go. Goodbye and ...I will be missing you~'' Then Nicole quickly hung up as she felt embarrassed.

Zayn stared at his phone. He smiled as he felt that finally, he had something to look forward to. Then he messaged Alex.

[ Bhai, let's meet for dinner tonight. Bring Bhabijaan with you. I have something to talk about.]

As Alex was busy, he didn't immediately reply. After some hour, his reply came.

[ Okay. Let's meet at the hotel Ambassador at 7:30. I was also thinking that we didn't properly meet since I started working in the company.]

[ Okay.] Zayn replied.

After some hours, in hotel Ambassador, Lisa and Alex just sat at the table before Zayn arrived in his dark gray suit.

" Hi, Bhai! Bhabijaan. " Zayn went towards them.

Alex and Lisa looked at him as they smiled. Then Zayn sat down opposite them. But before Zayn and Alex could say anything, Lisa asked Zayn.

" Zayn, why do you keep calling me Bhabijaan?"

" Because you are my sister-in-law," Zayn said confusedly.

" But it feels so distant. Just call me sister Lisa." Lisa said.

Zayn was confused. He couldn't understand why it feels so distant but he didn't have any problems with calling her sister Lisa so he said," Okay, Sister Lisa."

" Alright then. Let's order first." Lisa said.

" Okay."

After ordering, Zayn said to them. 

" Nicole's mother is here."

" What? When did she arrive?" Alex asked.

" 5 days ago. She wanted to meet my family to talk about our marriage."

" It's good. When will we meet?"

" The date isn't decided yet. We will confirm it after Nicole comes back."

" Oh... "

" Sister Lisa, I think of you as my sister. It is said that a sister is like a mother. I would like you and Bhai to attend as my guardians." Zayn said seriously. 

Before anyone could say something, Alex said," Stupid... Do you even need to say that?! What are you doing?! Is our relationship so distant to bring formalities now?!" Alex was angry.

Zayn was shocked at his sudden outburst. Then he smiled.

" Sorry, Bhai. I won't do it again."

Then Lisa spoke," Zayn, no matter how great or capable you become, we will always be your elder Brother and Sister so you don't even need to mention it."

" Yeah, I am sorry." Zayn apologized.

" It's okay. The food is here. Let's eat."

After the waiter served the dishes, they started eating. Once in a while, they talked about some random topics like the Project or about Nicole's mother. What gift's they should buy? Who is she and all.

 After dinner, Zayn went into his Buggati Veyron as Alex and Lisa sent him off.

At night, in the bedroom. Alex and Lisa were lying on the bed. Lisa closed her eyes. She was laying by her left side while Alex was lying on his back with his hand over his forehead. 

Lisa moved a little before she opened her eyes. She wasn't asleep yet. She glanced at Alex and saw that his eyes were opened as he was staring at the ceiling blankly. He looked in a daze.

She put her hands on his chest as she rested her hand upon him. Then she whispered," What are you thinking?"

Alex snapped out of his daze when she touched him. He looked down in his arms. Then he rubbed her hair as he said," Nothing."

Lisa put her right hand on his face as she asked," Tell me, what's wrong? You don't look good since we had the dinner."

Alex stared into her eyes for some time before he spoke.

" When I thought about the meeting, I kept remembering about her and I feel bad."

When Lisa heard it, she didn't know what to do. It was something she couldn't do anything about. This was a pain they could never fade away.

She hugged him as she said," It's all alright now.  I bet she must be very happy that Zayn finds a partner for himself. Soon, he will also get married."

" ...Yeah," Alex replied in a low voice.

" It's okay now. Don't be sad. Let's sleep."  Lisa closed her eyes and after some time, she fell asleep.

Alex played with her hair for a long time before he also fell asleep.