Chapter 101: Something Big Is Going To Happen.

At the Gonzalo's Villa...
Emma Benjamin, the wife of Arlo Gonzalo, the Military general was sitting in the living room. The whole world knew that Mr Alro had lost his only child and since then, Mrs Gonzalo also stopped appearing in public. She locked herself in the house.
Emma was sitting on the sofa in the living room as she stared at the fire in the fireplace. Their house was traditionally designed but the materials were top notch. They had a fireplace instead of a heater but it was still beautiful.
The fire in the fireplace kept waving here and there as the wind blows. Emma just stared at it in a daze. The housekeeper kept calling her but she didn't react. The housekeeper was a middle-aged lady who was mild natured. She was mainly there to accompany Emma as they have Butler for other jobs.
Since they lost their only child, Emma was never in a good state of mind. It happened only once but Emma even tried to suicide. At that time, they had recently lost their daughter. They got some bad news and then Emma cut her wrist. She was 35 at that time and therefore she lived. However, the scars of that movement forever stayed on her wrist glaringly. It was as clear as the day. After that, Arlo was very scared to leave her alone and hired their housekeeper. Arlo also promised Emma that he would find their daughter as long as he is alive. He also told her that he believes that she is alive so that Emma doesn't do anything stupid again.
When he saw Lisa at that Ball party, Arlo lost his cool. After going back, he drunk himself senseless and cried the whole night. He was almost 100 per cent sure that Lisa was their daughter but he still wanted to confirm it as he ordered his men to investigate her and have a DNA test but he couldn't find anything. With Alex being by Lisa's side, he couldn't even do a DNA test. He didn't tell Emma as he wanted to be sure so that Emma didn't end up doing anything stupid.
" Misstress... Mistress... " the housekeeper kept calling her.
Emma finally heard her as she looked over with emotionless eyes.
The housekeeper said," The lunch is ready. Would you like to eat now?"
Emma nodded indifferently as the housekeeper arranged the table. The housekeeper was used to this since the day she started working.
Emma barely eat enough to survive and went up to her room. It wasn't her bedroom. Instead, it was a special room that even Arlo couldn't enter. No one was allowed to enter that room. The door to the room was electronic which only opened through Emma's fingerprint.
Emma entered the room and sat down in front of a canvas. There was a lot of canvas in the room and they all had something familiar. Emma kept staring at the painting in front of her that she drew yesterday. Every year, on that specific day, Emma stays in this room from morning to the next day. No one knows what she did. She didn't speak much since her suicide attempt. Arlo even thought about calling a psychologist but he felt that it wasn't right. Emma was not in depression and she doesn't attempt suicide anymore. Though she didn't talk anymore and locked herself up in the house, she was not in the need of a psychologist. Calling a psychologist may instead worsen the situation.
Emma was just patiently and anxiously waiting for her daughter. Waiting for her husband to fulfil his promise. She didn't want to talk again until she saw her daughter. She wanted to call out her daughter. She wanted to see her.
After staying in that room for hours, she finally came out at dinner time. After dinner, she sat in the garden and stared at the stars. Looking at the brightest star, she thought in her heart.
' Where are you, my baby?!
Mommy really misses you!
Won't you come back?
Where are you?!
Tell me so I can go there!
I can't live without you, my daughter!
Mommy really misses you... '
Emma didn't know why but recently, she started to lose her patience. She suddenly felt like she couldn't wait anymore. She becomes anxious.
They had a TV in the living room but no one uses it as Emma was disinterested in everything other than her child. When Arlo comes home, he would sometimes see the news channel.
Tonight, Arlo was going to come home. Emma waited for him as she wanted to know if he found anything related to their daughter. Tonight, she just had a feeling that something going to happen. You call it women sixth sense, etc. But she felt that something big is going to happen. Whether it's good or bad, she didn't know. As she was anxiously waiting for Arlo, her patience was reaching its limits.