Chapter 14: Rehabilitating!

The next day_____

The bright sun rays fall on Nicole's beautiful face. Her eyelashes fluttered as she opened her eyes. She frowned as she held her head. She felt dazed. She tried to remember what happened last night. 

'Last night, they had a candlelight dinner. And then they sat on the balcony. After that... '

She couldn't remember clearly. Just as she was pondering, she heard the door opening. Zayn made a hangover soup for her. He came to wake her up but saw that she was already awake.

'' You woke up?''

'' Hmm.''

'' Is your head aching?'' Zayn asked as he saw her frowning.

'' Yeah, a little,'' Nicole said. 

'' I didn't know that you couldn't hold your liquor,'' Zayn said teasingly. 

Nicole was a little embarrassed and said," I don't like drinking at all. I only drank red wine because it is good for my health. However, if I drink a lot, I will become a drunkard that I absolutely hate." 

Nowadays, almost all people around the world drink alcohol. It is extremely rare to find some people who haven't drunk a drop of it. However, in some countries are, there are a lot of people who don't drink at all. Pakistan, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Mauritania, Libya, the Maldives, Iran, Kuwait, Brunei, and Bangladesh are some countries where alcohol is banned. Regardless, the drunkards still drink it illegally. India also has a lot of people who don't drink.

Zayn laughed and said," Okay. I made a hangover soup for you. Wash up quickly, you have to go."

Nicole looked at the time. She had only 1 hour left so she quickly washed up. After coming out, she saw breakfast spread out on the dining table. She looked up and saw Zayn bringing two bowls from the kitchen. She gazed at him absentmindedly. Zayn saw her looking like she is lost and laughed.

'' Come quickly or else the soup will turn cold.''

Nicole comes back to her senses when she heard his voice and said,'' Yeah.''

After eating dinner, it was almost time for Nicole to go back. They went to the deck as they stared at the sea, side by side. 

The cold breeze attacked them as soon as they went there. It was early in the morning as the sky was filled with some fading fog. Nicole's nose and cheeks turned red from the cold even though she was wearing the windbreaker. 

Zayn went in and brought a muffler with him. He wrapped it around her neck.

Nicole glanced at him with a calm gaze. However, her eyes betrayed her as they wavered.

" You saved my number, right? Call me when you have weekends or holidays." Zayn said.

" Hmm. However, it may take some time as I am not sure when I will be free again."

" It's okay. Just message me if you get the chance. Well, I remember your number so I will massage you occasionally. Alright?"

" Hmm."

" Okay then. It will start snowing soon so bring warm clothes with you and take care of yourself."

" Yeah. You too."

The ship stopped at the shore as they got off. Zayn sent her off to the military research centre.

" Take care of yourself. Goodbye!" Zayn said as he smiled at her.

" Yes. Goodbye." Nicole waved at him.

Then she went in. Zayn looked at her a little longingly. He didn't even realize it. After he could no longer see her, he turned around and entered his car. He drove off to the hospital where his brother was staying.

When he opened the door of his brother's ward, he didn't saw his brother. He asked the nurse around him.

" Where is my brother?"

" Mr Alex? I think he went to the garden for taking a stroll." the nurse said.

" Garden? Is someone there with him?"

" No. he said he'd like to walk alone."

Zayn went to the garden to look for his brother.  He saw Alex sitting on the side silently as he looked dazed. Zayn went to him and called out,'' Bhai!''

" Zayn! your back?"

" Hmm. I just came back. Are you able to walk by yourself already?"

" Yeah. It's a little difficult but if I keep rehabilitating, I think I would be able to get discharged in a month."

" Okay. Before you get discharged, I want to finish off shifting the headquarters. I bought a beautiful house here. Once you are discharged, we will go to live there."

" Okay. Tell me if you need some help at work?" 

" Yes."

The brothers sat there for some time before getting back to the ward. It was lunchtime so they eat some food before Alex went back to rest.

Zayn went out for work. The headquarters were almost ready. Some changes were made in staff and other things. Now it looked like their headquarter. After inspecting the headquarter and doing some work, it was almost time for dinner. He wrapped up his documents and left the company.

Zayn brought the food from the restaurant in the way. It was seafood. He brought them to the hospital and eat with his brother. After dinner, they talked a little, and then Alex went to sleep. 

Zayn waited for some time before going back to the hotel room. After taking a bath, he worked on some documents. It was almost midnight when he went to sleep. As he lay on the bed, he felt it was empty.

Zayn looked down in his arms as he remembered Nicole laying in his arms fast asleep. Then he took out his new iPhone 10 and quickly saved her number. After that, he massaged her.

[How are you?] He didn't get any reply so he thought maybe she had yet to have some free time. 

[Is it cold there? Do you need anything?]

[When will you take your next leave?]

[Take care of yourself!]

[Call me when you are free. I will be waiting.]

[Goodnight!]

Zayn sent her numerous massages in one go. Then he went to sleep. He had trouble sleeping. It wasn't until midnight that he falls asleep. 

He dreamed that he has squatted down alone. He looked ahead but it was all blank. He was feeling hopeless and lost. When he was losing his consciousness in his dream, he heard a faint voice.

'' I'm sorry that I'm late!'' 

The next day____

When he woke up, it was already 5:00 AM in the morning. He checked his iPhone but there was no message from her.

After washing up, he drove to the company in his Bugatti Veyron. He forgets about his dream.