Additional Chapter 174: Arthur Anthony 13.

Grace wore black pants and light blue loosely hanging full-sleeved warm shirt. The hem of the sleeves reached her palm. She put her hands on the railing. Her simple ring looked beautiful on her. She looked up at the sky and smiled then looked at her.

" Arthur, you want to hear the answer, right?" Arthur was shocked and happy to hear her call him by his name.

" Yes."

" What do you think I will say?" Grace looked at him in a good mood. 

Arthur felt like he was falling for her all over again. He couldn't look away from her eyes. He felt like he saw a new and hidden side of her. More of her personality.

" ...Yesss?" Arthur looked at her hopefully with an earnest gaze. Grace turned towards him and smiled.

" Maybe you are right," Grace said mysteriously and walked inside. However, Arthur and her hand and asked like an excited child.

" Does that mean yes?!" Grace turned back to him slightly. She smiled and said.

" Arthur, I accept your confession. I will properly answer you after my daughter is cured."

Arthur was so happy his eyes sparkled. He held her hand and put a hand on her cheek. He rubbed her cheek with his hand.

" Really?! Thank you! Thank you so much. I will prove myself with my actions~ " Arthur kissed her on the back of her hand and went away.

Grace stood on the balcony. She smiled. She was tired of being pessimistic. She for once wanted to be optimistic.

Arthur went inside. He saw Eliza reading her book. He smiled and approached her.

" Baby, do you want to open the basketball kit?"

Eliza's eyes sparkled. Arthur smiled and took out the kit. He helped her open it. Then set it up. Grace entered and watched them silently from aside. Arthur took Eliza in his arms and then sat her on his knees. He knelt down on the ground with her and took the basketball. He carefully taught her how to hold the basketball. Then helped her pull a shot. It went perfectly. 

Eliza smiled brightly seeing that. Eliza and Grace haven't had much fun and both were the same. they talked less and laughed rarely. But in just one day, Arthur was able to make them both smile happily. Seeing Eliza smiling in Arthur's arms, Grace felt like looking at a pair of father and daughter. 

Arthur then gave the ball back to Eliza and told her to shoot by herself. Eliza clumsily held the ball with her cute hands and shot it. The angle was so good Arthur was impressed but the force was not enough. 

" No worries no worries. Let's try again." 

As they played, Arthur turned to look at her and called her. 

" Hey~ Come here. Let's play along." 

Grace smiled and went towards them. She also shot some.

They didn't play for long as Arthur and Grace were concerned about exerting Eliza.

" I will take Eliza to the room to take some rest."

" Okay."

Arthur took her to the room. He tugged her in the quilt and said.

" Sleep for a while. Then we will play something else, Okay?"

Eliza nodded cutely. 

" Do you want me to stay with you?" 

" I want Mummy."

" Okay, I will call her." Arthur rubbed her hair and went out to call Grace.

After Eliza fell asleep, they went out. As they sat on the sofa, Arthur spoke up.

" I am shifting into the apartment next door."

" What?!" Grace was shocked.

" Yeah. I am worried if some emergency comes and I won't be there."

" ..... " Grace didn't know what to say.

" And also lunch and dinner for Eliza will be prepared by our chef. He is very good at preparing nutritious meals according to the requirement. I can make breakfast. Moreover, the ingredients in the market are not that great. "

" Bread, fruits, vegetables, etc will be delivered freshly in the morning. Eggs will also be delivered. Don't buy anything from outside. This will be healthier for Eliza. Which fruits do you both like? I will order them."

Grace was stunned.

Arthur looked at Grace. He nervously rubbed his neck with his hand and finally said the most important thing.

" Grace... "

" Yes?"

Arthur looked at her and then averted his eyes. After a moment, he looked at her again and finally said.

" My mother knew about everything. She said that she will treat Eliza. Is that alright?!"

Grace was stunned for a long time. Arthur looked at her nervously. He was afraid she will think that she will be owing them and won't agree. Grace returned to her senses. Her eyes suddenly reddened and a tear silently fell from the corner of her eye.

" W-Whats wrong?" Arthur got up clumsily seeing her cry. Grace leaned down and covered her face with her hands. Her open hair fell down and helped her cover her face. Seeing her crying, Arthur was flustered.

" Don't-Don't cry. I am sorry... Shit... " This was the first time Arthur swore.

Hearing him, Grace calmed down. She looked up and pulled her hand through her hair to straighten them. Then she looked up and chuckled helplessly seeing him so unlike himself. 

Arthur was stunned. He didn't understand what was going on at all.

" Arthur, sit down." He absentmindedly sat down.

" Why are you so afraid?" She asked him.

" I... I thought you didn't want to take up my offer."

" Are you mad? If it was for me, I really wouldn't have. But when it comes to my daughter, I can beg and do anything to save her. I am so thankful to you. I lost my composure because I couldn't even hope for it. Your mother, she is something else. If she treats my daughter, I am at least 80% sure that Eliza will be cured. No one else but she can give such reassurance to me. I am so grateful and thankful that I couldn't control my tears. I am feeling like I am getting more than what I could ever deserve."

" Don't say that. No one other than you deserve this for me. You deserve the best." Arthur told her seriously. Grace was surprised by his loving words. The atmosphere suddenly got warm and ambiguous.

" Ahem... Mom said to bring Eliza to the hospital tomorrow. She will start her treatment. She also said that since Eliza is so young, the situation is very optimistic. And she said if everything went well, she is sure that she will be able to cure Eliza within 2 years. However, these first three months will be very intense. But things will be better in the latter days... Grace, these periods will be very hard and painful. It would almost be unbearable but don't ever forget I will always be by your side. Okay?!"

Grace's eyes dimmed hearing the last sentence. She knew it but a woman can handle what a man can't. She would be able to go through it somehow.

" I am prepared for it," Grace said with bleak eyes. Arthur's eyes also dimmed as he thought about what was to come.