Chapter 79: I Took An Oath To Love You Forever.

That day, afternoon, Zayn dropped Nicole off. Before going, she said to him.

" I know you will be busy for near a year or more this time and that we will not get much time together." Zayn wanted to say something but Nicole stopped him and continued.

" As I have just been promoted, I think I will also be busy for some time. Let's not meet until we had done the most important things. When we meet next, It will directly be at our wedding and honeymoon. Of course, we can meet before that also. But I think if we met after a long time, that will be a greater thing."

" But for that long... I will miss you... " Zayn said in a low voice.

" Wouldn't I also miss you... " Nicole said. She felt guilty but she knew it was the best for both of them. They both had a very important period going on.

Zayn didn't know why but he suddenly remembered Daniel. His expression changed. Seeing that, Nicole asked.

" What happened?!"

" No! What if someone snatched you away?!" Zayn asked because he always felt that he did not deserve Nicole. He lived every moment with pain and struggle since that incident. He somewhere deep in his heart had this feeling that he could never be happy again. 

When he found Nicole and was happy with her, he started fearing side by side about losing her. He felt like no happiness will be there forever for him.

Nicole was stunned. She knew in her heart how much she loves him. She couldn't believe the words he said. How can he not have some confidence in himself?! Why doesn't he trust her love?! Did she not express it enough?!

Nicole suddenly pulled him from his neck and kissed him. Zayn was shocked and he was in a daze and didn't understand what was going on but suddenly, he felt a pain in his lips and he tasted blood in his mouth. His eyes widened as he looked at Nicole surprised.

Nicole let him go. She saw that his lips were bleeding slightly and she was satisfied. Zayn was dumbfounded. He couldn't understand what happened.

Nicole then put a hand on his face before wiping his blood with her thumb as she said in a little cold voice.

" Do you not believe in yourself or... " Nicole them stared at him in the eyes.

" Do you not trust me?!"

Zayn shuddered a little. He felt her similar to the first time when they met and she got mad over him picking her up. He couldn't say anything to her.

After he didn't say anything, Nicole was mad but she sighed. Then she put her right hand in front of him and said," Look! What is this?!"

Zayn looked at her hand and the ring comes into his vision. He was dazed as he said.

" Engagement ring?!"

" Just an engagement ring?" Nicole asked as she glared at him.

Zayn didn't understand for some time before something clicked in his mind.

" Love you forever!"

" Yeah! This is my engagement ring. 'Love you forever' meant that 'I' took an oath to love you forever. Do you get it?!" Nicole asked.

Zayn was still in a daze as he nodded his head. Then he saw Nicole take out her ring. For a moment, his heartbeat almost stopped as his eyes widened. His fear almost burst out when Nicole said.

" Look here! What do you see?" She asked as she showed him the hidden part of the ring.

Zayn was shocked as he read his name.

" Zayn." He said.

" See! It is your name. The moment I wore this ring, I have become yours forever. You become mine forever. Do you finally understand what I mean, ZAYN?!" Nicole for the first time called him like this. She never did it before.

Suddenly, Zayn hugged her tightly and continuously apologized. 

" I-I am really sorry! Sorry... I just don't know why I feel like this. I just feel like my happiness will never last forever."

" Stop thinking bullshit! I promise I will always make you happy. Alright?!"

" Yeah, I understand... "

Nicole then gave him a peck on the forehead before she said," Ok. I am going now. Take care. Let's meet again! Bye~ "

" Bye! I love you~ " Zayn wanted to say this to her because he knew he wouldn't get to say that anytime soon. 

" Me too!" Then Nicole turned around and went away. Zayn thought just how would he not miss her. Maybe by working continuously...