Chapter 36: Would I Ever See You Again?

Alex was stunned for a second before he stares at Lisa lovingly. Her eyes were closed peacefully and she was looking so warm and beautiful. She gave him the comfort he was missing. " Thank you!"

 He whispered before kissing her forehead lightly. He hugged her a little closer and went to sleep. They both opened up a bit tonight and entered a calm and understanding phase of their life.

In the other bed.................

Zayn and Nicole went to sleep. As they lay on the bed, Nicole asked Zayn," Why did you stop me earlier? They could have slept peacefully. How congested would it be to sleep in this small bed!" Actually, it wasn't a small bed at all but to these people who were used to sleep on a king-sized bed, it can be considered as a one-person bed.

Zayn sighed. Why was his dear so low in EQ sometimes. He explained," They are a couple. Wouldn't it be right to sleep together? By the way... " Zayn said as he suddenly grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into his embrace. " Are you not comfortable sleeping with me?" He asked in a dangerous whisper.

Nicole gulped nervously at his question. Actually, since she started sleeping with him, she realized how comfortable it was in his embrace compared to her military days where she slept alone in a spacious room. As she was of a higher ranking and belonged to a noble family with her grandfather as a great leader of the ancient times, her father as a proud soldier who saved many lives at a young age, she was given a spacious room with all the facilities and if she wants to, she could have network too by going to a special cafe nearby but she held to her ethics as every other soldier.

" N-No!" She said shyly in a low voice.

Zayn smiled. Though she said in a very low voice, he could still hear her. He lovingly pecked her lips before kissing her on the forehead. " Goodnight! My dear." He then pressed her head on his chest where she could hear his heartbeat as they fall asleep.

................................

Somewhere near the Atlantic ocean.................

It was daytime there but the spacious apartment underground was surrounded by the usual darkness that never fades away. In the only room which had the lights on, a man hurriedly brought a woman in his arms and lay her on the bed. His expression was nervous and he was sweating profusely. Just then, some hurried footsteps were heard. The door opened and a man in his early 40s come in with a black hand-carry suitcase in his hand and a stethoscope hanging on his neck. He hurriedly went to check his Lady boss who has fainted at least 10 times since she woke up from her coma. After she woke, she went somewhere and after coming back, she has been like this. Fainting ever so often and living like a corpse.

Everyone feared whenever the lady boss gets sick or fainted because then their boss would lose control of himself. Their boss was a calm person who wouldn't get angry or nervous easily but whenever something happened to their lady boss, they would have to suffer their boss's wrath.

After doctor Lucas hurriedly but properly checked upon his lady boss known as Hazel here, he went to report his boss but his boss asked him before he could say anything in the coldest voice with a hidden fear in it, " What happened to her?" A light sweat was dripping from his forehead. He asked as he shakes the poor doctor Lucas's shoulders which started to pain from his tight grip.

" Th-The lady boss is already weak since she has woken up and after she coming back a month ago, her condition has worsened and-and she is not stable Phys... I mean she is getting into depression day by day. If... '' Doctor Lucas gulped nervously. 

Dylan's expression was changing worse and worse as he spoke and when he stopped, Dylan didn't shake him as before. With the coldest eyes and a blank face, he asked in a low voice," If what?"

Doctor Lucas started sweating as he incoherently spoke but Dylan still understood," I-If Lady B-Boss didn't stop getting de-depressed, then she may-may tries to Su-Sui-Suicide!" God is the witness of his poor state where he could lose his dear life only for telling the condition of his lady boss.

It seemed like everything stopped for a movement. Like the world has stopped. The ticking of his stupid low-life wristwatch was the only sound that was heard. He wished he wouldn't have brought it just because it was cheap cause this is the price he had to pay for that cheap watch, even though it was a Rolex watch.

'Boss truly looks like the son of seas as his name suggests 'Dylan'. Doctor Lucas thought.

When Dylan didn't say anything for some time, Lucas hesitatingly said," B-Boss I-I think you should hire a p-psychologist as I am-am not good in that field."

Dylan looked at Lucas with his cold eyes. " Get out!"

" Yes Sir!" Lucas runs for his life. 

After Lucas left, Dylan stayed in the same spot for a good time before he moved towards the room. 

In the room, Hazel was lying on the bed. So thin and weak she seems. Like a glass that would shatter at the slightest force. Her face was pale and her lips were thin and blue.

 Her eyes shone brighter than the stars when he saw her for the first time but now, they are closed as if they are never going to open again. 'Will I ever got you back?' he asked himself rather than her.

Hazel frowned with her eyes closed and her face scrunching up as she started sweating a little before she abruptly woke up with a hurried breath.

Before Dylan could react she was already awake. Her eyes were dazed and blurry with tears. There was one thing that Hazel was damn talented at. Singing! Her voice was the heavens melody but she never sang in front of anyone since then. Not even him. And all this time since she woke up, there was only one song that she sang. It was the first song she wrote for her little brother. It was after she got the good news from their mother and father. She wrote it at that time. She was excitedly waiting for the arrival of her younger brother.

As Dylan approached her to console her, she suddenly looked up with calm eyes and said," Lee, leave me alone for some time."

 She rarely called him by this name. Sometimes, when she was too engrossed in the past or if she misses the past, she would use this name.

Lee knew it was not a good idea to leave her alone but he can never say no to her. He reluctantly leaves the room and closed the door for her.

After Lee was out, Hazel put her head on her legs as she covered her knees with her hand and sang in a low voice.

" When can I see you?

 When can I meet you here?

 When can I ever see you smiling?

  I am dying to see you here.

In front of my eyes

 What can I do for you when you are not here! 

How can I love you when you are not here!

Hazel stopped for a minute because the lyrics of that long that she used to sing for her little brother as a lullaby were already finished. But as the music was close to her, she just sang what comes out on her lips when she opened her mouth.

 I want to see you again. Even if one last time

I can do anything... just to see you again

 Your eyes were my stars, Your words were my words, You were my heart!

 Would I ever see you again?

 Just one more time... I want to see you again!

Just when can I ever see you again

 So sorry I wasn't able to keep you!

 So sorry that I was so useless... so late, That I couldn't even save you

But just let me see you again!

Please...

 "So-Sorry... Sorry... I... Was... So Late... '' Hazel buried her head deeper as her silent tears fall continuously. After some time she lay back on the bed and put her right hand over her eyes to cover them from the light.