Chapter 49: A person who lives by hope will die by despair.

" No! Please don't go! Mommy, Daddy, Please... Please don't go... Please don't go... Please... " In the end, as she watched the car move far away, her voice becomes smaller and smaller and she begged. " Please... come back... Please don't leave me alone... Please... "

However, they didn't stop and she cried. Everything becomes so dark that she could not see an ounce of brightness. Time seems to stop, and with time, everything else also stopped. Just Like how her heart stopped as if she had died. How she wishes to just vanish out of this world and end this endless pain and despair. 

At that movement, Lee had just walked into her room to check up on her. However, he was shocked by what he saw. Her face was a painful sight. It was pale and tears just kept flowing through those eyes. She was crying so hard she couldn't even breathe properly. He quickly rushed to her side. When he reached her side, he felt that she had held her breath and was deliberately not breathing. Lee felt helpless and desperate. He felt so useless he couldn't do anything for her. 

A person who lives by hope will die by despair. He felt that both of them would die like this so uselessly. 

When he shook her up, she finally woke up and breathed desperately. When Lee saw her breathing, he pulled her into a tight hug as he nestled his head in her neck. 

" It's okay! Everything is alright!" He didn't know if he was consoling her or himself as he said those words. After a long time, Robin finally comes back to her senses as her breathing stabilizes. 

After she realized she was in Lee's arms, she hugged him back as she was desperate. She rested her head on his shoulder. Lee was stunned because she never hugged him since she woke up from the coma but when he heard what she said, he was scared. For the first time, he was so scared that he went completely pale.

She said in a trembling voice," Enough! It's truly Enough! Lee, I have had enough! I am tired of this! Please... Please let me go... I don't want this pain anymore. Let me end this all. I am so tired.  I want to go back to my family... to my parents and brothers... "

Lee's body had frozen. He was stiff and couldn't say a word. When Robin saw this, she pulled back and put a hand on his face as she looked at him in the eyes with her teary eyes.

" I know it's not fair to you! I am sorry... But please forgive me and let me go. And after I am gone, please be alright and live peacefully. Please, Lee... This is my last wish! I don't wish for anything other than this... "

Lee's pupils contracted when he heard 'my last wish' as he felt his nightmare becoming reality. He couldn't hold his tears anymore and they fell on Robin's cold hands. She looked down and felt bad as she wiped his tears," I am sorry! I am truly sorry! I know I am selfish! I know but please don't cry..."

Lee put a hand over her on his cheek as he looked at her. He said in a helpless voice.  

" Robin, why don't we make a new family?! So that you would have a reason to live. I know I have failed but your parents must be seeing you from there. You are there only proof of love that's remaining! And I am scared... I don't think I can live without you. If you must end your life then I will also come with you. After all, I don't have anyone except you."

Robin was shocked and she didn't know what to say next. She understood what he meant. He said to have a family like how it was when she was a kid. Parents and children. 

Lee rested his forehead on hers as he said," Just like a little girl who roamed around the garden calling after her mother. At least for the sake of them, our kids, please live, Alright?!"

Robin was dazed as she remembered playing with her mother. She was chasing after Krystal. After some time, her mother pretended to lose and stopped. Robin caught her mother and was very happy. Seeing Robin smiling, Krystal felt warmth. For this smile, she had lost. She just prays to god for this smile to always remain on her face.

Though those memories also brought the greatest pain to her, it was also the only reason she preserved until now. She cherished those memories and they were her tressure. No matter how much they hurt, they were still her dearest. Would she be taking those memories away from her children? By opposing destiny, would she be stopping them from coming into this world...

Lee was desperate at that moment. No matter what, he just wanted her to live. He put a hand on her nape and pulled closer and closer until their lips touched. And then he kissed her very gently as if was it was the most precious treasure in the world. Robin closed her eyes as both of them tasted something bitter in their mouths and they knew it was their tears. Their tears kept flowing but they didn't stop as if they are depending on it. 

Maybe she should leave someone with Lee before she died so that he can take care of their children and live. Then she can leave this world rest assured. She would leave Lee here and then even if she left early, her children won't have to go through the despair she had gone through. 

Lee knew tears were the words her heart can't express. He swore he would try his best to protect her. He knew he was useless and failed to protect her. He couldn't become important enough for her to live. He was a failure and his only hope was the future.