Chapter 38: Will you become my missus?

They were embarrassed as they quickly climbed out of the bed. They booked two rooms to fresh up. One for Alex and Lisa and another for Zayn and Nicole. 

Alex and Lisa entered the room. It was a presidential suite so it was naturally comfortable. They put their hand-carry on the couch. As Lisa was going to take bath, Alex stopped her.

" What's wrong?" Lisa asked puzzledly.

" Nothing. You rest on the sofa. I will warm the water for you." Alex responded. 

Lisa felt a warm feeling spread in her heart. She quite liked how they were now. She was used to doing everything by herself since she was small and as she lived alone, she did everything herself too. Now that someone suddenly volunteered to do her work, she felt warm and cosy.

As Alex sat her on the couch, he kissed her on her forehead before he went into the bathroom. After some time he comes out to inform that the water is warm. Lisa took her clothes and went into the bathroom. Shortly, she comes out and said to Alex. 

" You can also go now while the water is still warm".

" Yeah."

Lisa was waiting for him until he comes out when Alex called for her from the bathroom.

" Lisa!" 

Lisa heard his voice and hurriedly went towards him. " What's wrong?"

Alex's voice comes from inside the bathroom. " Ahem... I have forgotten to bring my clothes!"

Lisa was stunned for a second before she smiled lightly and said," Okay! I will bring them to you."

" Yeah! Thank you."

Lisa took Alex's bag and took out his dress. After that, she passed it to Alex. After some time, Alex walked out in stretchable black jeans with a white silk shirt and a black-and-white jacket over them. He looked dashing. Lisa wore black slacks with a white long shirt that reached her knees. It was also full sleeves and there was also a beautiful and delicate necklace of star shape on her exposed neck. They looked like an ideal high school couple.

As for Nicole and Zayn, both of them were already ready and waiting outside. They went down for the breakfast. A spacious and tasty breakfast was shoved in front of them. They enjoyed it. They resumed their journey at noon after resting for a while.

They sat in the seats as they talked casually. Lisa also mentioned how Alex almost falls down after waking up this morning and later Alex and Lisa teased Zayn and Nicole about how they slept till so late and were wrapped tightly into each other's embrace. They had fun. 

While on the journey, they also played some games to enjoy, and finally, they arrived at their destination near 5: 30 at the noon. 

It wasn't a surprise for Lisa and Alex as they were already aware of their destination but Nicole didn't know about it as Zayn wished to gave her a surprise. Lisa and Alex get out of the bus first. While Zayn covered Nicole's eyes with a wine red blindfold he had prepared earlier. He took her out carefully as he stepped down first before holding her head and directing her down towards him. 

Zayn took her to a mini boat enough for both of them while Alex and Lisa went to tour the place on their own. After he settled Nicole carefully on the boat, he started the boat. After he took them in the middle, Zayn stopped the boat there in the middle. Zayn then went towards Nicole and opened the blindfold. She was truly stunned out of her mind by the scene in front of her.

It was a beautiful place which was made around the lake. There was a large lake in the middle while beautiful hotels and houses surround it. There were swans on the lake and some cranes too. Some people were also bringing fish from shops and releasing them here.

This lake was famous for it and many people release fish here. They said they will send away the sorrows of their life and start a new fresh life that will be as calm and as beautiful as the water in the lake. Many people who couldn't afford fish were also throwing fish food in the lake.

It was truly a beautiful sight to witness. There were many shops nearby that were selling beautiful fish. 

Nicole understood they were on a boat as it shook when they entered but she truly didn't expect such a beautiful and enchanting scene. As a natural-born lover[1] of water, she was truly enchanted by the scene in front of her.

So much so that her eyes watered from happiness. Zayn arranged it according to the perfect time as it was afternoon now and the sky was the shade of blue with some redness because of the sunset. It was twilight time.

Though Nicole liked water from a very young age, she didn't get much time to spend vacationing and as she was alone, she never especially went so far away. Moreover, she doesn't have long vacations for that. Therefore, she lived in a boat and enjoyed herself. Now that there was someone by her side, she finally understood what it meant to be in a relationship. It was just like being born again. Everything was so new but so wonderful that she could not bear to part with it. She finally understands the true meaning behind a relationship and she was truly happy.

Nicole glanced up at Zayn. Zayn smiled warmly at her before he spoke. 

" I won't say any cheesy lines. All I want to say is... I really like you and I am really happy when I look forward to the day you returned from the military and we would meet again. I want to spend my entire life with you... "

Nicolo was stunned by his sudden confession and she stared dumbfoundedly at Zayn. Her heart beats racing faster than ever.

" I am telling this so suddenly because, whenever you're gone to the military and away from me, I got really scared. I keep getting insecure that someone will snatch you away. And What I am most afraid of is that you will suddenly be taken away by god just like my sister. What I know now is that I just can't live without you anymore. So I am confessing today to make you mine."

Then Zayn suddenly got up and bend on his knees as he pulled out a ring and said.

" Nicolo Anthony, I love you! Will you become my missus?"

As soon as Zayn finished, there was a boom. Nicole was still trying to adapt to what was going on when she heard the blast and looked up. She was stunned to see the fireworks. The fireworks were evolving into a sentence as she read.

" I Love you!" and then the second one was, " Marry me!"

Nicole finally snapped out of it and looked down at Zayn who was staring at her lovingly. A very sincere and gentle smile formed on her face as she nodded.

" Of course, I will!" Nicole said as she hugged him.

Zayn was shocked that he succeeds. It was like a dream come true for him but he quickly hugged her back tightly and said, " As long as you are there, you are mine. I would never let anyone snatch you away. And I will keep death far away from you. I won't let you ever leave me."

" And we will have a military marriage... " Cuz there is no divorce in a military marriage.

They stayed like that for a long time. The moon has risen and it was shining brightly upon the water where the large goldfishes were also shining. It was just beautiful scenery that they would remember for the rest of their life.

[1. Born-Lover: People who love something unconditionally even before they start having their senses are called Born-Lover.]