Chapter 96: I Can't Eat Now!

However, he didn't get to finish as Nicolo fainted. Zayn had already realized her condition. Therefore, he grabbed her. All the other doctors were stunned while Zayn picked her up and took her to another ward.

The director was also there. When he saw this, he signed as he said.

'' Even such great doctors are in this condition when they operate on a family member. What more, this was her own mother.''

Hearing this, the other doctors and nurses who operated with Nicolo were stunned. Then they remembered the movement when Nicolo come in and when her hands shook. They felt bad for misunderstanding her. They admired her more and more while they wondered about her identity.

Violet was also a famous doctor in the industry. She was even in the magazines related to psychology so it wouldn't be hard to recognise her but because of the emergency situation, nobody noticed her.

Zayn took Nicolo into the ward and then the doctor put her on an IV drip. Alex and Lisa also followed him as they were worried about them. The doctor said that she would wake up after some hours. Nothing happened to her. She was just too tired physically and mentally. 

Alex and Lisa stayed for some hours. Then they thought that Nicolo should be waking up soon so they went out together to bring some food for her. They also wanted to live them alone.  After getting into the car, they drove off.

In the ward, Zayn climbed up the bed and embraced her. He was worried about her but he knew he couldn't do anything for her. The only thing he could do was find out what happened. He already got the news about it. He knew that Violet met Bates today and then she cut her hands so they went to the hospital. There they seem to have an argument. After that, Bates left and Violet also went home. She didn't come out since then. 

From whatever happened, Zayn understood that it was all related to Bates. He didn't tell Nicolo because he didn't know what she would do after she knew this. For now, he made sure to hide the news about Violet from Bates. Even if bates knew that she was hospitalized, he wouldn't know the cause.

He also decided to do something about Bates. Though he wasn't as strong as bates in the underworld, he was surely stronger than Bates in the business world. He also had connections in the underworld.

.........................

When Bates found out that he couldn't get the news about Violet, he kicked his underlings. He was really furious. After thinking about it, he understood that it must be Zayn who did this because there are very few people who can compete with him and fight against him. 

As he was thinking about what to do, he got a call from his company that they were in trouble. He swore at Zayn as he understood that Zayn did this to busy him so that he can't cause trouble for the time being. 

He had no option but to go back to the company. 

............................. 

Nicolo opened her eyes. Her vision was slightly blurred before it cleared. She wanted to move when she noticed Zayn. She was in his arms. 

Zayn couldn't sleep because he was worried about her so when he felt her moving, he quickly opened his eyes and saw that she was awake. He asked her.

'' Are you alright?!''

Nicolo heard him and was dazed. She recalled what happened and her expression changed. She quickly woke up and asked him worriedly. 

'' Where is my mommy?!''

Zayn quickly got up and held her. He told her.

'' Nothing happened to your mother! She is fine. They took her to the ICU. She hadn't woke up yet.''

When Nicolo heard that Violet still didn't wake up, she asked.

'' How much time has it been since the operation?!''

'' 8 hours.''

The observation period would usually be 24-48 hours. So Nicolo relaxed a little but still, she was worried about Violet. Just then, Alex and Lisa also come back. They brought some light yet healthy food for Nicolo and Zayn. 

When they saw that Nicolo woke up, they asked her how is she. Nicolo replied that she is alright. Zayn took the hand-carry from them and he begins to lay out food for Nicolo.

However, when Nicolo saw it, she said to Zayn.

'' I am not hungry!''

'' You should still eat a little or else you will collapse again before your mother would wake up.''

'' No. I am really not hungry. I can't eat now. I want to go to my mom!''

When Zayn saw that she really doesn't want to eat, he didn't force her because he knew she wasn't in her right state of mind. As he was putting the dishes back in the hand-carry, Nicolo already got up from the bed. However, her head suddenly ached. 

As she almost falls down, Lisa grabbed her and helped her sit on the bed. Zayn was shocked for a movement before he told her.

'' What were you doing?! Wait a movement! I was going to take you there!''

Saying that he left the things there and went towards her. He picked her up and then said to Alex and Lisa.

'' Brother, Sister Lisa, you go back. I will take of things here. When Auntie wakes up, I will call you.''