Chapter 37: Memories Are Truly So Unfair!

The next morning at 5: AM..........

Alex slowly opened his eyes lazily and stretched his hands but they bumped into someone. Then he saw Lisa, he was momentarily stunned. After realizing what happened, he carefully looked at Lisa to see if she had woken up and when he saw she was not awake, he released a sigh of relief he didn't know he was holding in.

As he was going to get out of the bed, Alex slipped because he was at the edge of the bed. He didn't want to wake her up with the noises. However, just as he was trying his best to not fall down with a loud 'thump' that would make noise, a delicate and beautiful hand with little clauses in between her thumb and first finger grabbed his collar and pulled him hard.

'Thud' Alex did not land down instead, he landed upon her. He was naturally shocked as he stared at her. Lisa had already woken up before him and was gazing at him. When she saw that he was waking up, she pretended to be asleep and when he crashed his hand on her, she felt like laughing at his childish way of stretching. As she was thinking of getting out of the bed after him, she saw him almost falling down and hurriedly caught him by his collar. As a woman from the underworld, she was naturally strong enough to pull him towards her. 

Alex was still stunned. He looked down at Lisa. Her eyelashes were fluttering slightly as she was also looking at him. He was all over her. Her sleepy eyes were filled with mischief and her beautiful rosy lips looked like they can't wait to start laughing. Seeing her like this, Alex finally realized what was going on. He looked at her smile which was threatening to break out.

To get back at her, he suddenly grabbed her waist with both of his hands and flipped her above him. Now, he was beneath her. Lisa was also shocked by what happened as she lay on top of him with a hand on the bed for support while the other one was on his chest. She blushed a little as she tried to get up from the bed but Alex held her tightly.

Lisa glared at him. Alex smiled and pulled her hair fringe behind her ear. Suddenly, Lisa bent her face towards him and gave him a light peck on the lips. Alex was stunned and Lisa took advantage of it and quickly climbed out of the bed. After Lisa left his sight, he finally grasped what was going on.

After Lisa climbed out of bed, she saw that Zayn and Nicole still seemed to be asleep. She didn't disturb them and told the driver through the partition to stop at a hotel nearby. After that, she sat down when Alex come out.  She blushed inwardly at what she did but pretended as nothing happened.

Alex secretly smiled proudly because this is what he liked about her. She is very different from those typical girls. She is his woman. He then sat beside her and wrapped his arms around her tiny waist. He saw that she yawned and then he gently led her head to rest on his shoulder. 

At first, Lisa was surprised but then she relaxed and comfortably snuggled herself in his arms. She leaned her head on his shoulder. Alex also rested his head on her head.

5 Minutes after that, they arrived at a famous hotel where most of the travellers stop to freshen up or stay the night. Alex mumbled to himself. " I didn't know that Zayn could sleep for so long, just like a spoiled little brother he has been!" Alex smiled as he said that. However, he suddenly becomes silent at his own words as they brought back some painful memories. Memories are really one-of-a-kind. Until some time, they were the most beautiful memories but now, those very beautiful memories are the most painful things he remembered. Yet they are so precious he would rather die than forgetting them. Memories are truly so unfair!

He remembered some Voices from the past. Those memories of the past.

' Spoiled little brother' it repeated in his head in a cute voice.

" Robin, don't spoil him. He is our brother. We can't turn him into a spoiled and arrogant little kid."

Alex said when he saw that Robin was spoiling Zayn as she loved him way too much. He loved Zayn equally but as the eldest, he had his obligation to protect their future.

" Bhai, don't you worry. I would surely spoil him to the end of the world cuz you are there to look after us, aren't you? And by the way, you have no right to say that. You spoil me as much as I spoil our little brother."

" When did I spoil you like him."

" Ah! Don't you remember? Aren't you the one who secretly brought chocolates for me because mommy and daddy didn't allow me to eat a lot and Aren't you also the one who doesn't let a single boy near me in the school? My dear Bhai! Don't you remember that?!"

" When-When did I do that?" Alex asked as he averted his gaze.

" Hahaha, Bhai! Feigning ignorance now... "

Alex suddenly snapped out of it when the minibus came to a stop and the driver informed them that they had arrived. The heavenly voice of her sweet giggles still rang in his ear. 

'If... If only she would still be there, it would have been living heaven for him.'

Alex shook his head a little. No! He needed to treasure what he has and what Robin has left behind at the cost of her life.

Alex gently aroused Lisa. Lisa woke up instantly as she was just taking a light nap on his comfortable shoulders. They looked at each other as they went to wake Zayn and Nicole up.

They gently aroused Zayn and Nicole who were wrapped in each other arms. They slowly opened their eyes to find Alex and Lisa standing beside them. It took them a whole second to realize their position and Nicole was the first one to react.

She didn't scream like a normal girl but blushed and got up hastily. While Zayn was also stunned to see their face.

Alex and Lisa laughed and said," Wake up already. We have arrived."