Chapter 109: Her Nightmare Began!

Lisa pulled out the cloth on the fourth one. The baby seems to have grown up more in this one. Her length of hair increased slightly below her ears. Her large dark blue eyes seem to be staring at someone. Her dark blue hair was looking beautiful and unique with a clip-on her hairs. In this one, she was in a dark blue frock. It had flowers on the belt on her waist.
Lisa went further and pulled out the cloth from the fifth painting. In that painting, that baby had grown more and more. She looked more beautiful as she grows up. In this one, she has a white gown with a dark blue shade to it. It was beautiful with her slightly longer hair. Lisa pulled out the sixth one. In this one, her hair almost reached her shoulders. She was dressed in a flower printed sleeveless frock with a cute hat on her head. She also had cute small sunglasses on her with a horse conch seashell in her hand. Behind her was a beach with a setting sun. Lisa saw that sea shell and turned around to look on the wall with paintings and quickly found one with the same seashell in it. Suddenly she remembered some memory. It was the one on the beach where she picked up the seashell. Her hand was tightly grabbed by someone. She excitedly put the seashell on her hair and a beautiful smile spread on her face. She quickly runs towards her mother who was resting behind them. Emma saw her daughter approaching and sat up as she asked.
" What happened, baby?"
Lisa excitedly said.
" Mommy! Mommy! Hear this! Hear this!" Telling this, Lisa tried to put the seashell beside Emma's ears but her height was too small for that. Emma smiled as she picked up Lisa and put her in her lap. Lisa happily put the seashell beside Emma's ear and asked excitedly.
" Mommy! Mommy! It's the voice of the ocean, right?! Isn't it amazing?!"
Emma smiled and replied that it was amazing. Then Lisa smiled contentedly as she climbed out of her laps and grabbed someone's hand as they went back to pick up a seashell. Emma looked at Lisa as she thought that her baby is a new life who had yet to see all the amazing things in the world. She thought that her baby had lots of things to see and they can see them together. However, she didn't know that she would never get to see them together again.
Lisa comes out of her daze as a silent teardrop fell from her eyes.
Until now, all the painting had a very bright and wonderful vibe to them. However, the next one which was the seventh and in which, she was six years old was very different. Lisa slowly pulled the cloth out of that painting. In this one, the background was dark as if it was nighttime. Lisa was sleeping in her small bed. She was wearing a cute pair of bunny pyjamas in sky blue colour. She was so cute and beautiful in it. Though she looked so beautiful and cute in this one, it still gave a sad feeling as if someone painted it while crying. Maybe the darkness of the background made it look sad or maybe the feelings behind the painting did but it just made them sad. The painting gave a feeling of something lost yet never forgotten.
Alex, who was standing behind them widened his eyes as he stared at the painting in a daze. At first, he didn't recognise it but now that he looked at it carefully, Lisa was wearing the same dress when she met him for the first time. Her hair was shoulder-length already. When he met her, she was all messed up and even the colour of her dress changed. Now that he looked at her, he realized what she was and what she become when she met him. But more shocked than Alex was Lisa herself. Her body shook slightly seeing that dress. She had put that dress in a box and hid it deep inside her storeroom. She wanted to throw it away but she couldn't do that.
Tears fall out of her eyes as she couldn't control herself any longer. Emma's eyes were also red as she remembered the past. She put that dress on Lisa after bathing her. As Lisa couldn't sleep without her, Emma would always wait until she fell asleep before going back to her bedroom. Arlo even recited the red riding hoods story for Lisa. As they were tired, they fell asleep as soon as they lay down on their bed.
However, the next day, her nightmare began. All they found on Lisa's bed was the teddy bear that she hugged to sleep.
There was nothing at all. They searched for her like crazy and in the end, when they couldn't find her, they waited. They waited and wished desperately that the kidnappers would call them and that they could get their daughter back. But unfortunately, time didn't stop and they never got a call.