Chapter 70: A Present From Your Son-in-Law!

As they were sitting in the living room, Nicole's Phone suddenly rung. She saw that it was Zayn and said to Violet.

" Mom, I will go and receive the call."

" Okay," Violet said as she watched the television. Nicole quickly went into the garden as she picked up the call.

" Hello?"

" It's me," Zayn replied.

" Yeah. What happened?" Nicole asked.

" Nothing! Did you give my gift to your mother?"

" Shit! I forget it. Sorry!" Nicole apologized as she condemned herself.

" It's alright! We are humans. It's no big deal to forget sometimes." Zayn said to her.

" Yeah... "

" Did you decide about when we will meet and talk?" Zayn asked.

" No. Not yet." Nicole answered.

" Well then, how about tonight?" Zayn asked.

" I will ask my mother and then reply to you."

" Okay."

" Hmm. Take care!" Nicole said to him.

" Yeah, you too. Goodbye."

" Bye~" Nicole hung up as she went inside. Violet was still watching television. Nicole sat down beside her before lying down and resting her head upon Violet's lap.

Violet put her hand on Nicole's head as she asked," What happened, dear? Are you still tired?" She asked caringly.

" Yeah. I slept late last night... "

" Then sleep for some time."

" No! I want to spend more time with mommy. Ah!" Nicole suddenly sat up with a start. Violet was also stunned as she asked.

" What's wrong?!"

" Nothing! I just forget it again!" Then Nicole called the butler.

" Butler uncle, I left my baggage in mommy's bedroom. There is a small paper bag beside my baggage. Please bring it to me."

The butler politely nodded before he went to bring the paper bag for her. Violet was confused as she asked.

" What is it?"

" Nothing!" Nicole kept making it mysterious as Violet was also getting curious. Soon the butler came back and gave it to Nicole. 

Nicole then gave it to Violet and said. 

" Zayn said that it's a present from your son-in-law!"

Violet laughed as she took out the box in the paper bag before opening it. After seeing what was inside, she smiled.

" It's good."

Nicole went near her to see it. Then she exclaimed," It is really beautiful."

" Yeah."

There was a jade bracelet inside the box. It was made of small pieces of jade string together. It was beautiful. Of course, the jade was the kings green. The best jade in the world which was very rare and expensive.

It wasn't too shocking for Nicole and Violet because they themselves were rich enough to buy many jades. Actually, even though Nicole's grandfather was a scientist like her and was also a great leader, he was the only son of the Anthony family which was one of the most powerful family for decades in ancient times. They were called nobles in the past. They weren't related to the Royals but they were from the high priest families. In ancient times, even kings used to bow before the high priests. 

They were the direct bloodline of the high priest. Her grandfather was the head of the family while her father was the next heir but as the times changed, the believes also get weaker and weaker. Before Nicole could know anything about it, she lost her grandfather and then her father. So she neither believed in it nor did she know about it.

Even to this day, their bloodline was known as the sacred bloodline from ancient times. They were also attacked by Assasin's and Hitman many times but they were strong enough to protect themselves.

Nicole again lay down on the sofa with her head resting on her mother as she told Violet that Zayn asked if they can meet tonight. Violet agreed because she was free only. Then Nicole messaged Zayn and told him about it. 

After that Zayn sent her the timing and address of their meeting place. While watching television, Nicole fell into a deep sleep in Violet's arms. 

Violet loving pulled Nicole's hair behind her ears. She signalled the butler to bring a blanket for her and to close the lights. he butler quickly brought a blanket. Violet took it are carefully wrapped it around Nicole. Then the butler closed the lights before going away.

Violet didn't leave and stayed like that as she let Nicole sleep. Once in a while, she would pat Nicole's head or play with her hair while reading something on her phone.