Chapter 17: I've missed you!

The banquet was long. As Zayn was busy at the banquet his phone rang, indicating it was a massage. Zayn glanced at his phone and when he saw it was from Nicole, he excused himself and went to the balcony. 

[Nicole: Are you there?]

[Zayn: Yes. You have a break?]

[Nicole: Yeah. I will be off tonight before dinner. I will be at the ship.]

[Zayn: No. I will pick you up.]

[Nicole: It's okay. I can go there myself.]

[Zayn: I will pick you and then I will bring you out for dinner.]

[Nicole: Okay.] Finally giving up on convincing him.

Zayn smiled. She was finally coming back. He was supposed to stay at the banquet but left early leaving behind his poor assistant to deal with the mess. 

Zayn informed his brother that he was not going to come home and then he booked a restaurant. There wasn't much time left for dinner. After arranging quickly, he went to buy a bouquet of roses. Then he drove off to pick her up. 

.........................

Nicole get out of the military research centre when it was almost dinner time. Before she could even look around, a big bouquet of roses was handed to her in her hand. Nicole was stunned before she looked up and saw that it was Zayn. A smile threatened to break out but she didn't smile.

Zayn smiled at her and said,'' Welcome back.'' Nicole's heart skipped a beat. He was so handsome. Dressed in a tang suit looking all cool and dashing. And that smile of his was so warm and breathtaking.  No one has ever waited on her and welcomed her in such a way as he did.

Nicole felt her heart warm at his smile. She took the flowers and finally smiled,'' Thank you!''

Zayn's heart melted when she finally smiled. He suddenly hugged her. Nicole was stunned, her eyes opened wide. 

'' I've missed you! You have been gone for so long.'' Zayn said in a low voice beside her ear.

Nicole's eyes warmed as she felt ticklish when his breath blew on her neck. She wrapped her arms around him as he buried his head on her neck. When she saw him wrapping himself around her like a child, she smiled and patted his head as if to console him. She also missed him but was too shy to voice it out.

Zayn pulled out as he gazed at her. His eyes were so deep as she saw her reflection in them, taking her breath away. Nicole averted her eyes. 

Zayn smiled and grabbed her hand before taking her into his car. He gentlemanly opened the door for her and closed it after he was done. He strode to the other side and get in the car. He started the car and drove it towards the restaurant he booked for her.

In the car, Zayn drove calmly towards the restaurant, looking as handsome as ever. Nicole looked at him. He looked so handsome just driving. Then she suddenly remembered something as she asked him,'' What about your wound? Is it healed yet? Shall I drive?''

Zayn was stunned to hear her ask him about his wound as he forgets about it himself. He gazed at her with his deep eyes which seems like the ocean reflecting the moonlight, warming her heart.

 He gently placed his hand on her hand resting at the side,'' Don't worry. It's healing well. The wound wasn't that deep so I can use my hand now.'' Zayn gently squeezed her hand as he looked at her with a warm smile he rarely has. 

Nicole was stunned when he suddenly squeezed her hand. When he smiled at her, she could feel her heart-melting. 

'' But your condition was not that great when I left!'' Nicole still said.