Chapter 25: Emotionally unstable.

Nicole sent the maid out before wetting the towel and then putting it on his head. She continued this until Doctor Max arrived. 

Doctor Max quickly checked upon Zayn. After he was done, Nicole asked Doctor Max about Zayn's condition. 

Doctor max said: '' He is so unstable emotionally that it affected his health. He has a high fever. I have prescribed medicine for him and put him on insulin. His fever may go up and down today but he will recover till tomorrow.''

Actually, Nicole was also a great doctor. She was a genius in the medical field so she obviously knew about these little things. However, she rarely uses her abilities but when it comes to Zayn, her mind always went blank. 

After Doctor Max left, Nicole went into the room and stayed by Zayn's side. She continued to change the towel on his head. His fever reduced a little near noon. Just as Nicolo was contemplating whether to wake him up for lunch or not, she heard Zayn mumbling something.

Zayn had a nightmare again and he saw his sister and parents there. He saw his parent's back view as they walked hand-in-hand and disappeared. He tried to stop them but couldn't and then he saw Robin going after his parents. When he desperately tried to stop them, his voice didn't reach them. 

Just as Robin almost disappeared into the darkness where his parents had disappeared, she suddenly turned around and walked towards him. However, she didn't come to him and walked past him.  Zayn was shocked as he called her, she stopped and said,'' You have to live.'' And then she walked to a different path than his parents and disappeared.

Nicole saw that Zayn seemed in pain and was sweating all over. He kept mumbling something like mother father and sister. Nicole tried to wake him up but he wouldn't budge. However, he suddenly woke up with a start. His eyes were horrified and anxious. He was panicked and there were so many more emotions in his eyes. And there was also freezing coldness and lifelessness in his eyes.

When Nicole called him he didn't react and seems frozen. Nicole couldn't understand what to do. In the end, she climbed onto the bed and took Zayn in her arms. His head lay in her arms as she patted his head and comforted him.

'' It's okay! It's okay! I am here!''

Zayn finally snapped out of it when he saw Nicole. His expression broke and he buried his head in her arms as he hugged her tightly. Nicole felt pained by the force he hugged her but kept consoling him.

After what seems like forever, she finally heard his steady breathing. Nicole slept with him for some time before climbing out of the bed. However, a hand suddenly pulled her back and Nicole fell on the bed before Zayn took her in his arms. Nicole was stunned as he hugged her from behind and then she heard his low voice near her ears.

'' Don't leave me alone. Please.''

Nicole felt her heart melt as she turned around. Their foreheads touching each other as they stared into each other's eyes. Nicole saw a drop of tear on the corner of his eye as she wiped it with her thumb and looked at him.

'' I am not going anywhere. You haven't eaten anything since morning. You have to at least eat the dinner otherwise you won't recover.''

'' Not hungry,'' Zayn said.

'' You still have to eat. Your fever barely subsided. I don't want you to be sick again and collapse in front of me.''

Zayn was not in the mood to eat anything but since Nicole insisted, he nodded his head. Nicole smiled gently and put her hand behind his neck and pulled him down and suddenly kissed him gently on his forehead. Then she said,'' Good! I will go now and bring you something to eat.'' 

Zayn was stunned and when he comes back to his senses, Nicole was already gone.

Nicole went downstairs and asked the butler if the dinner was prepared. Then said to him to send the food into the bedroom.

Nicole went back to the room and the servant followed with the golden trolley that carries the dishes.

When she opened the door, she saw Zayn was in deep thought as he didn't notice they have entered the room at all.