Chapter 63: There is a Truth Hidden in Every Single Lie.

As they were talking, a nutritionist comes up with a trolly. The dishes were covered by a stainless steel lid. First, the nutritionist put the clean glass utensils on the table with spoons, and then he put two fruit drinking glasses on the table before he served the juices to them. It was a mango shake. They were cold and fresh. Then he also put in two glasses of water.

After that, the nutritionist opened the dishes and served them. It was a chicken dish with side dishes made of potato and some other vegetables. At last, he put the towel for them. Alex and Lisa took it and put it on their lap. Alex was from a noble family so of course, he was more comfortable eating like this because it becomes a habit for him. As for Lisa, she also had this habit long before she met Alex. She was also not uncomfortable without it. Even if people wanted to say they were showing off, there was no way they could say that because it looked so natural for both of them.

The dishes looked appetizing. After the nutritionist left, they started eating. Once in a while, they would drink water. After eating, they enjoyed their juices before parting ways as they still had works to do.

Of course, everyone who saw them was shocked and wondered about their relationship. They were also shocked to see them being served in the same way the chairman was treated special. And after seeing the way they eat, they were all sure that Alex and Lisa came from noble families because people from noble families just had a different air. 

In Zayn's office...

Zayn was having a coffee when his phone rang. It was a notification. He casually glanced at it but when he saw it was from Nicole, he felt happy as he quickly opened the message.

[Nicole: Hello?]

[ Zayn: How are you? Did you get some time off?]

[ Nicole: Yeah, I had some time off to rest and the internet was available so I contacted you. How are you? Everything is alright?]

[ Zayn: Yeah, everything is great. I wanted to meet with your mother but I thought that it was better to meet her after you come.]

[ Nicole: Wait, I am going to the cafe near this area. I will call you from there.]

[ Zayn: Okay~] He was more than happy to hear her voice.

After ten minutes, his phone rang. It was Nicole.

Zayn," Hello!"

" Zayn, I am going to come back this weekend for 4 days!" Nicole excitedly told him because they both missed each other. 

Then she said," I wanted to tell you on a call."

Zayn smiled happily. He really thought nothing was more fulfilling than waiting for his [future] wife to come home.

When Zayn didn't say anything, Nicole asked confusedly," Hello?"

" ...I have been missing you. If you didn't come soon, I was thinking of going to you." Zayn said in a loving voice.

Nicole chuckled happily before she said," I had to come back. I also cannot bear to work without meeting you and mommy for so long. Especially when I know mommy is here."

" Are you going to stay with your mommy?" Zayn asked. He sounds like he will be very sad if she said she is going to live with her mother.

Nicole was put in a difficult situation.

" Well... I-I... You know, my mother comes here after a long time so... " Then she becomes silent.

" Yeah... I know." Zayn sounded sad. 

" I am sorry!" Nicole felt bad for him without realizing that she wasn't obliged to stay together with him despite being in a relationship.

Zayn laughed. " It's okay. I was just teasing you!"

Nicole didn't reply. They both knew that there was a truth hidden in it.

There is a saying. There is truth hidden in every single action. There is a truth hidden in every joke and all the meaningless words that are spoken. There is a truth hidden in every single lie.

After some time, Nicole said," You come to pick me up. I will surprise my mother. We will also meet that way."

" I was going to pick you up either way," Zayn said.

" Okay... Now, I have to go. Goodbye and ...I will be missing you~" Then Nicole quickly hung up as she felt embarrassed.