Chapter 111: The One That Can Stop Time.

They arrived in front of a place which was in a remote area. There were hardly any people are cars there. Before Emma could open the door of the car, someone opened them from the outside. When she stepped out, she saw that it was Arlo. She stared at him for some seconds before looking away while Lisa comes out from the other side. When she saw Arlo, her body stiffed and she grabbed Alex's hand tightly. 

Alex looked at Arlo then put a hand around Lisa's shoulders as they followed Emma.
Arlo stared at their backs and silently followed after them. When they were walking towards their destination, they saw a lot of cages that looked like places for torture but they wouldn't understand if they were not from the underground themselves. It was disguised so well that they couldn't see the blood at all even though this place was specifically made for torturing people.

Even the ones who were tortured were so perfectly bandaged that they couldn't see their wounds at all but because of that, many of them were bandaged from head to toe. There was not a single gruesome side or a bloody sight. However, no matter how hard they tried to disguise it, they couldn't get rid of the smell of the blood but it was nothing like a smell of a torture room. 

Lisa felt a warmth spread through her heart seeing how much they have done for her. Though her parents didn't know her past and just how dangerous she was in the underworld, they still hid it from her because they didn't want to expose her to this cruel side of the world. It's a pity that she was exposed to it since she was 6 years old. 

It wasn't like Alex didn't want to stop her after she joined. At first, he just let her be because he thought she had nowhere to go but later he felt that she had him so she didn't need to do that anymore. However, before he could stop her, he fell into a coma and when he woke up, he didn't have anything other than revenge in his mind.

But even when they got their revenge, even when they destroyed the Xie family themselves and even when they tortured them, Alex and Zayn didn't feel relieved or anything after that. Instead, they felt nothing like it was useless.

There is a saying only the people with good hearts says. ' Darkness can't eliminate Darkness. Only Brightness can eliminate Darkness.' 

Even though they got their revenge, even though their anger calmed down, they couldn't bring back their sister. They couldn't lessen the pain. Yeah! It's true that the pain lessens as time passes by but for them, it just became barely bearable. It never vanishes. If they kill the Xie family, they would only feel more unsettled than anything else. That's why Alex and Zayn didn't kill those people. They would rather torture them their whole life than let them die. Alex even made sure that they couldn't kill themselves. 

Only the one who has experienced the pain of losing someone beloved can understand how it feels. Time may make the pain bearable and many people may even wish to forget everything rather than remember those painful memories but no matter what, time can never compensate for the pain of losing someone because time will go on whether we live or die but the ones we have lost won't come back. Time can never go backwards, yet while moving forward, it takes away the most precious ones from us and eventually, it even takes away our lives from ourselves.

That's why when someone was asked that if we have supernatural powers, which type of one would you prefer? That person replied," If I have to choose a specific type of power then I would surely choose the one that can stop time. However, that doesn't mean I will stop the time for fun because if I stop the time for a long time, I would die feeling lonely."

Finally, as they stopped in front of a door that looked like the best torture room in the whole dungeon, Emma halted her steps as Arlo came forward and opened the door.